TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 171
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 173
  • Total: 174
  • tino

Welcome block for bigguy

Started by bigguy, December 09, 2018, 07:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Nice one @rjen.  ;)

Looks great in both Firefox and Chrome.  What is the advantage using flex as opposed to the original?

I'm guessing it doesn't like IE11 as it breaks if you zoom the page. It doesn't in the other browsers.  And in Edge, this might just be mine, but the middle and right blocks lose their colours at 100% zoom, but come back at 75% for some reason. https://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

@rjen

Flexbox is new and improved, you see it in curve2 as well . Should work in ie though, opposed to css grid, which is not supported by ie11 I think...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

wildenborch

Wow, this is indeed a nice one!

@rjen

Quote from: lurkalot on April 14, 2019, 04:37:45 PM
Nice one @rjen.  ;)

Looks great in both Firefox and Chrome.  What is the advantage using flex as opposed to the original?

I'm guessing it doesn't like IE11 as it breaks if you zoom the page. It doesn't in the other browsers.  And in Edge, this might just be mine, but the middle and right blocks lose their colours at 100% zoom, but come back at 75% for some reason. https://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

Once again, I cannot fully reproduce what you are seeing: in IE11 there is indeed something funny going on, which I would need to check, but in Edge all is working as it should....

jernatety

The strangest thing is happening.

This block, (the responsive code) works on my 19" screen when I resize, and it works on my phone and tablet. But at home on my 14" laptop screen it's not responsive. The right side overlaps the 3rd block and a horizontal scroll bar appears on the block.

Does anybody have a smaller size laptop screen like my business class work laptop they could take a look at my front page on?

Thank you

@rjen

You have put fixed width images in the blocks!

Apply css to make sure the images are set to max-width: 100%

and apart form that this add block is not respecting the size, thus resulting in distrotion on other elements...

jernatety

Hi rjen, thank you for looking. The ad block I can't do anything about. That's automatically generated with adense new "auto-responsive" ads. They're placed by adsense automatically.

@rjen

You want to add in your tp-style.css at the end:

img
{
   max-width: 100%;
}

There is no reason I can think of you would EVER want an image larger than 100% ...

That way you can never forget to set a max-width...
As for the google adds: if they mess up you site layout, you can choose not to use them...

jernatety

Quote from: @rjen on May 08, 2019, 05:32:52 PM
You want to add in your tp-style.css at the end:

img
{
   max-width: 100%;
}

There is no reason I can think of you would EVER want an image larger than 100% ...

That way you can never forget to set a max-width...
As for the google adds: if they mess up you site layout, you can choose not to use them...

Beautiful. I would forget too! Thank you very much.