TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 162
  • Total: 163
  • @rjen

Hello :)

Started by bloc, July 02, 2017, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Been a while since I posted anything in here, so thought I might pop in and say hi. :)

I see theres been development towards responsive TP and even TP for SMF 2.1? How is the status of that now, is it more or less complete..or in beta?

For myself, its been a little..off, in the coding department. I did work last year on a theme project(more like default theme replacement)for Elkarte, but in the end I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do. The Elk is great, but it has gone its own way from SMF and I was having some RL issues as well so one thing led to another and work stopped on it. Last Christmas I picked up real-life oil painting again(stopped some 20 years ago) so that is my main focus nowadays..but when the paint dries I spend available time on coding :)

Currently working on a SMF 2.1 theme, but not over-reaching as I did with Elkarte. Too many ideas => to long on getting anyting *done*. Of course I have TP in mind for this, and thats why I am wondering about the state of its 2.1 status.

So, what have everyone been up to lately?

lurkalot

Hey bloc, good to hear from you again. 

We seem to be doing ok, another release of TP was out a few days ago, although I did cock it up a bit, :-[ hopefully that's resolved now.

I think to be honest TP 1.3 and the responsive version TP 1.3R are just about even in terms of stability. So it's a question of which one to release next.  Need more testers and feedback on TP 1.3R to be honest, that's something we need to work on.

TP2 is working on SMF 2.1 beta 3 atm, as can be seen here, http://cctestsite.info/testsite3/ Still needs the fixes added for php 7 I believe. I will also add that TP2 hasn't had the responsive makeover either, I was hoping allvip would work his magic on this one, he said he would. But he also has some RL stuff to deal with atm.

A better example here, on one of @rjen's test sites, https://test2.fjr-club.nl/

Great to see you're doing something you love, I quite like art myself, although I'm probably just about good enough with a paint brush to do the decorating.  :P I do love photography. but don't seem to get much time for it nowadays.

@rjen

Hello Bloc,

indeed, I have a TP test running on 2.1 beta 3. I manually made the PHP7 changes and that site is working fine with TP in SMF 2.1. I would love to have the Responsive version for 2.1 as well (TP 1.3R is working fine on my productive forum) but that won't be needed before 2.1 reached RC stage I assume.

I have checked the 2.1 readiness of the MODS I have, and still some of the must-haves are not updated yet. Once all that is ready I will move my forum to 2.1, including TP .

By that time I would also be interested in a theme for 2.1. Would be great to have one. Ik like your previous work.

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Arantor

Hey Bloc :) Good to hear you're doing OK :)

I tried to get on the 2.1 bandwagon in the last year or two for a site I want to run, even to the point of building big mods on it for what I want to run...

But 2.0.14 kind of soured me on SMF of late, to the point of forking SMF for the things I want to do, and have a few people on it that never touched SMF before so not dragged into all the drama etc.

Figured I could help out TP on the PHP 7 issues and that seems to have worked out OK :)

lurkalot

Quote from: Arantor on July 02, 2017, 05:12:33 PM
Hey Bloc :) Good to hear you're doing OK :)

I tried to get on the 2.1 bandwagon in the last year or two for a site I want to run, even to the point of building big mods on it for what I want to run...

But 2.0.14 kind of soured me on SMF of late, to the point of forking SMF for the things I want to do, and have a few people on it that never touched SMF before so not dragged into all the drama etc.

Figured I could help out TP on the PHP 7 issues and that seems to have worked out OK :)

Pete, the help on the php 7 have indeed worked well, thanks so much for helping us with this. O0  I see you're making some progress on your project, been getting the notifications.  8)

For bloc, those php 7 fixes, to save you searching, http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35895.0

bloc

Thanks, Mick, great reading there.

I have a few ideas of how to show the blocks in SMF2.1..it may mean to rewrite some TP templates for the custom theme, mobile view does require some extra thinking on how to show things.

For example..panels or at least blocks may have to be shown one at a time - with a "header" panel to switch between them. Otherwise you will be forever swiping down/up to read. That goes for some of the forum parts too of course, especially the many menus.

william777

Hi bloc, good to hear from you. Didn't know you love real-life oil painting. Love to see some of your works.

bloc

Quote from: william777 on July 03, 2017, 10:13:21 PM
Hi bloc, good to hear from you. Didn't know you love real-life oil painting. Love to see some of your works.

https://www.bjornhkristiansen.com/olje/

william777

Quote from: bloc on July 03, 2017, 11:07:23 PM

WOW! They are indeed beautiful and realistic.                                                                         

lurkalot

Quote from: bloc on July 03, 2017, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: william777 on July 03, 2017, 10:13:21 PM

Stunning work there bloc.  8)