TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 310
  • Total: 311
  • lurkalot

install shoutbox

Started by sI-IoBi3, December 28, 2010, 07:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sI-IoBi3

Hi I'm trying to install my shoutbox again after deleting it,
When adding a block do I use TpModule type? and do I need to insert code again into index.template.php?

Lesmond

sI-IoBi3

Hi , I get this error message when clicking on that link :
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Lesmond

sorry about that.

Quote from:  BlocWhere is my old Shoutbox?

Due to the transformation of Shoutbox to an external module, there are also a few steps to take if you want to re-use the shoutbox again.

* Go to "modules" section and to the tab "uploaded modules". Install the shoutbox module, either one of them or both
    * Go back to the blocks, either modify the older "shoutbox" block(now as a "blank" block) or create a new. In both cases choose the type as "TP module"..the last of the list there. Save and then edit again, this time a list of installed modules should appear for you too choose
    * Choose the shout module you like and save
    * Check that the block render the shoutbox

sI-IoBi3

When I go into modules there are two sections:
Downloads manager
TP Simple Shout
when I click on TP Simple Shout I get the error message : Unable to load the 'main' template.
My shoutbox was working fine before all I did was delete it because I keep getting this error in the forum error log:
8: Undefined index: latest_post
File: /home/wowspaces.com/htdocs/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 169

IchBin

What did you delete?

That error likely has nothing to do with the shoutbox. You must remember that SMF runs their templating through a PHP eval() function. Doing this masks the real error. If you want to see the real errors in your forum you must first disable eval. SMF2rc4 has this feature built in under the Admin>server settings. If you're on SMF1.x you have to run a database query to enable it.

Looks like the "unable to load the main template" error is a bug that needs to be fixed. However, that doesn't mean you shoutbox shouldn't show in a block if you set it up.

sI-IoBi3

Hi, i deleted the shoutbox from the panels tab I thought I could easily reinstall it using tpmodule

ZarPrime

sI-IoBi3,

If you deleted the Shoutbox block from your list of blocks, simply create (add) a new block to the panel of your choice.  The block type you choose should be TPModule.  Once you save it once, go back to the edit screen for that block and make sure that the radio button bor TP Shout is selected and then save it again.  Choose where to show it, what membergroups will see it, etc., and it should show up again.

ZarPrime

sI-IoBi3

I did exactly that but I get a shoutbox on my homepage as before but with no content just the title
you can see at wowspaces.com if u wish

sI-IoBi3

ah fixed it!
in the edit options at the layout for some reason TPshout wasn't highlighted i.e.activated but the layout was highlighted ..it is now showing!
thanks for your help