TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:51:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 313
  • Total: 314
  • @rjen

Making Static Pages Mod work with buttons

Started by SundayNiagara, August 25, 2005, 03:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gelsbern

Quote from: SundayNiagara on August 30, 2005, 04:52:25 AM
Let him start another thread, since he obviously doesn't want to this the right way, which is with buttons.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  No one in their right mind wants to type in a long line of code to see a page.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  I'll stay right here until I get the answers I'm looking for.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  I don't like jumping all over the place to get information.
Mark

Dude, I am usually a very patient man, but they have explained where to put the buttons, if you are using the static page mod, you would make the button link to:

http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=static&staticpage=XÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, 

where X is the number of the page you created in the admin/settings and features

It's that simple, no one has to type any long links.  Static page mod is just for adding static pages, my contribution is making those pages appear to be a part of the Tiny portal.  HOW a person gets to those pages is completely up to the person who runs the site, not me, not the original creator of the static page mod.

You have to edit the files that they have told you stick in the code for the button and make it link to the static page as given in the instructions in the static page mod.  It's not hard/

On and thank you to Ichbin for splitting this off from the original topic.

SundayNiagara

When it comes to custom page mods, this is what I am talking about.  I name the page, type in whatever_header template the page will call from, copy, re-name and paste a template into the templates box and it blends in seamlessly with the message board.  Maybe this is what I'm really looking for.  This SMF system works somewhat differently, but I'd be willing to bet it could be done.
Mark

http://www.xmbxtreme.com/viewthread.php?tid=3230

PS:  You can't tell that it's a custom page mod.

PPS:  I have to add a plug-in into config.php for it to work.