TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 175
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 170
  • Total: 170

Table 'smf.smf_tp_settings' doesn't exist

Started by thomaswebb, June 04, 2011, 05:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeOfAwesome

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 03, 2013, 05:26:30 AM
This is not going to help you. If you are missing the tables, what about all the data that gets set by default when TP installs? There are a ton of settings that TP sets as well as some default data that will be missing if you only create the tables that are needed. You need to figure out why your host is not allowing TP to install properly.

I tried to install it using the package manager, but i received 3 error messages in the pre-check setup screen. I researched the error in this forum and everyone was telling me to install it manually, which I did.

Now you're telling me not to install it manually?

I think the reason the error is there is because of the order of the manual install process that you have on the SMF site. Am I right in saying that tp_upgrade.php and do_hooks.php should be run first before changing all the code in the various files?

Thanks

Duke

IchBin

I think maybe the term manual seems to be mixed up. By manual in our instructions for the tp_upgrade.php, we mean that you have to run the file in your browser by uploading it to your forum root directory (where SSI.php is). Then you run that file in your browser "manually" by hitting it in your address bar. http://www.yourdomain.com/path_to_forum/tp_upgrade.php

It's better to run the do_hooks and tp_upgrade files first. But it shouldn't matter as long as you complete all the steps. If you are running the tp_upgrade.php file "manually" and it is not inserting all the tables into your database, there is a problem somewhere else that needs to be found if you want it to work on your server.

Manually inserting the tables and structure (in the way that we've done in this topic) will not solve the problem because of the settings that need to be inserted into the new tables will not be there, and you will have lots of errors if those settings are not there.