TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:58:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 295
  • Total: 296
  • @rjen

Bookmark Module

Started by Xarcell, August 02, 2006, 04:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

I was thinking TP needs a bookmark module. It would be nice to have it as a feature to TP, but also I feel it's sorely needed at this site as well.

There were a few bookmark mods available for SMF, but there seems to be issues with them. I know Bloc has his plate over-full already, but I've been holding out on this for awhile now.

Have a simple block that has a dropdown of all your bookmarked topics/articles on the site. Below that have a go/send button, remove bookmark, and add bookmark.

All ya do is click "add bookmark" to bookmark in the block to bookmark the page, or select a bookmark link from the dropdown and click "remove bookmark" or "go/send" buttons.

I would also like to see the "add boomark" link script to add to themes if necessary for those that don't show blocks while browsing forum.

Basically the idea is to capture a link list within the site only. I get lost and can't find topics I was tracking, but don't really wanna use the notify feature and spam my email box.

Just an idea.

RoarinRow

I've been waiting for this mod as well.  The one I used from here simply saved the page as a Favorite and it did not work on FireFox.

This site has bookmarks and uses SMF, but the person who created it never go back to me - http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php

See upper right hand corner below advertisement.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

Max

I use a bookmark mod from SMF site.. and it works perfectly.

bloc

I already have some code from an earlier project..although not inside TP. I want to get 0.9.5 ready now, the Bugtracker usable and then move on to 0.9.6 that can contain this module since its not at all much work.