TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 154
  • Total: 155
  • tino

Issue updating to TP 1.1

Started by keithsnell, November 24, 2015, 09:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithsnell

I recently updated my website from SMF 1.1.21 to SMF 2.0.11.  I had TP 0.983 installed on the SMF 1.1.21 site, and intended to uninstall TP 0.983 through the package manager before updating to SMF 2.0.11; however, there was no "uninstall" loaded for that version of TP.  Therefore, I followed the steps here:  http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=27943.0 then installed TP 1.0 onto SMF 1.1.21.  I then used "uninstall" in the package manager to uninstall TP 1.0 and all other mods/packages from SMF 1.1.21.  I used the Large Upgrade procedures to update SMF to 2.0.11.  Everything seemed to be working properly with SMF 2.0.11.  (I then bridged to Coppermine, although I don't think that is pertinent to this situation.)  I then installed TP 1.1 through the package manager.  Some blocks displayed, others did not.  I deleted all existing blocks then reinstalled the "recent posts" block. 

The issue:  I can't get my articles block to display on the front page, or anywhere for that matter.  Other blocks seem to work fine (so far).  When I try to preview an HTML article, I receive the following error on the bottom of the "unformatted" page:  Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Sources/Load.php(2190) : eval()'d code on line 812

Here is the pertinent info for my site:
Link to my forum: http://www.spiritofphotography.com/community/
SMF version: SMF 2.0.11
TP version: TP 1.1
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Curve
Browser Name and Version: Firefox 42.0
Mods installed: Only TP 1.1
Related Error messages: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Sources/Load.php(2190) : eval()'d code on line 812

As a note, I can preview BBC articles, but they still don't appear on my homepage or other pages.

Please let me know what other information you might need to help me solve this issue.

Thanks,
Keith

lurkalot

Quote from: keithsnell on November 24, 2015, 09:52:18 PM
I recently updated my website from SMF 1.1.21 to SMF 2.0.11.  I had TP 0.983 installed on the SMF 1.1.21 site, and intended to uninstall TP 0.983 through the package manager before updating to SMF 2.0.11; however, there was no "uninstall" loaded for that version of TP.  Therefore, I followed the steps here:  http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=27943.0 then installed TP 1.0 onto SMF 1.1.21.  I then used "uninstall" in the package manager to uninstall TP 1.0 and all other mods/packages from SMF 1.1.21.  I used the Large Upgrade procedures to update SMF to 2.0.11.  Everything seemed to be working properly with SMF 2.0.11.  (I then bridged to Coppermine, although I don't think that is pertinent to this situation.)  I then installed TP 1.1 through the package manager.  Some blocks displayed, others did not.  I deleted all existing blocks then reinstalled the "recent posts" block. 

The issue:  I can't get my articles block to display on the front page, or anywhere for that matter.  Other blocks seem to work fine (so far).  When I try to preview an HTML article, I receive the following error on the bottom of the "unformatted" page:  Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Sources/Load.php(2190) : eval()'d code on line 812

Here is the pertinent info for my site:
Link to my forum: http://www.spiritofphotography.com/community/
SMF version: SMF 2.0.11
TP version: TP 1.1
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Curve
Browser Name and Version: Firefox 42.0
Mods installed: Only TP 1.1
Related Error messages: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Sources/Load.php(2190) : eval()'d code on line 812

As a note, I can preview BBC articles, but they still don't appear on my homepage or other pages.

Please let me know what other information you might need to help me solve this issue.

Thanks,
Keith

Keith, hi and welcome.

If you upgraded to SMF 2.0.11 using the large upgrade package, that will leave you with no mods installed. You could have gone straight in and installed TP 1.1 and your other mods, obviously you'll need updated mods that work with that version of SMF.

Please try turning off the articles block and create a new one, see what happens.

illori

do you recall if you use the option to not use SMF templates in your articles? seems that is broken a bit... i will see that we fix it in the next version we are working on releasing.

keithsnell

Quote from: illori on November 24, 2015, 10:59:29 PM
do you recall if you use the option to not use SMF templates in your articles? seems that is broken a bit... i will see that we fix it in the next version we are working on releasing.

I don't think I used that option.

keithsnell

I seem to be making some progress.  I was trying to post "uncategorized" articles, which always worked in the previous version of TP.  Once I assigned my test articles to a category, they posted OK.

The preview function for HTML articles still returns the error listed previouosly. 
Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Sources/Load.php(2190) : eval()'d code on line 812

I'd still like help troubleshooting that issue if possible.  (Being able to preview articles before posting is very useful.)

Thanks for your help.

Keith

lurkalot

Quote from: keithsnell on November 24, 2015, 11:04:05 PM
I seem to be making some progress.  I was trying to post "uncategorized" articles, which always worked in the previous version of TP.  Once I assigned my test articles to a category, they posted OK.

The preview function for HTML articles still returns the error listed previouosly. 
Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Sources/Load.php(2190) : eval()'d code on line 812

I'd still like help troubleshooting that issue if possible.  (Being able to preview articles before posting is very useful.)

Thanks for your help.

Keith

Keith, it's possible you have some code in those html articles that needs updating to work with SMF 2.0.x

Try creating a test article and see if you get the same results, just add a little bit of html code to it.

keithsnell

HTML articles will publish from the article manager when I select toggle front page; however HTML articles will still not display properly when I try to publish them within a block.

I'm getting the following forum error message in the SMF error logs:

http://community.spiritofphotography.com/index.php?cat=19
8: Undefined index: layout
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 174

If that is any hint?  (I don't have TP shout turned on, so not sure why that would be an issue.

keithsnell

Quote from: lurkalot on November 24, 2015, 11:17:26 PM

Keith, it's possible you have some code in those html articles that needs updating to work with SMF 2.0.x

Try creating a test article and see if you get the same results, just add a little bit of html code to it.

The articles I was testing with were "new" articles produced with the TP article manager.  Just text, no fancy html codes at all.

keithsnell

OK, I have to quit trouble shooting for now.  I'll pick up on this again later.

Keith

lurkalot

Did you clean up the old TP files from the server before you uploaded fresh files from the large upgrade package.  It could be that you have old TP files still there.  It would be an idea to uninstall TP 1.1, then go check if there's any files remaining.

Make sure you don't delete any images of files you need.  It would pay you to back anything up before you delete anything.

illori

Quote from: lurkalot on November 24, 2015, 11:31:03 PM
Did you clean up the old TP files from the server before you uploaded fresh files from the large upgrade package.  It could be that you have old TP files still there.  It would be an idea to uninstall TP 1.1, then go check if there's any files remaining.

Make sure you don't delete any images of files you need.  It would pay you to back anything up before you delete anything.

i dont think that is the issue. it is an actual bug in TP if the setting Do not use SMF templates is used.

lurkalot

Quote from: illori on November 24, 2015, 11:35:53 PM

i dont think that is the issue. it is an actual bug in TP if the setting Do not use SMF templates is used.

You're probably right Illori, I was going on Keith's reply, I guess we'll have to wait until he can check that setting.  Good that you fixed that bug though in the next release. Thank you, that was fast.  8)

Quote from: keithsnell on November 24, 2015, 11:00:08 PM

illori

the code that gives the error that was posted tells a different story. it has to be that option...

https://github.com/Tinyportal/TinyPortal/commit/c9ceda50e4b21c46b1bdaa99a5a9528a6182d31d is the fix

illori

Quote from: keithsnell on November 24, 2015, 11:20:21 PM
HTML articles will publish from the article manager when I select toggle front page; however HTML articles will still not display properly when I try to publish them within a block.

I'm getting the following forum error message in the SMF error logs:

http://community.spiritofphotography.com/index.php?cat=19
8: Undefined index: layout
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/community/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 174

If that is any hint?  (I don't have TP shout turned on, so not sure why that would be an issue.

no idea on a fix for that issue, can you disable template eval?

admin -> server settings Disable evaluation of templates and post any new errors without eval in them.

keithsnell

Quote from: lurkalot on November 24, 2015, 11:45:50 PM
Quote from: illori on November 24, 2015, 11:35:53 PM

You're probably right Illori, I was going on Keith's reply, I guess we'll have to wait until he can check that setting.  Good that you fixed that bug though in the next release. Thank you, that was fast.  8)

Quote from: keithsnell on November 24, 2015, 11:00:08 PM

I apologize for the "I don't think so" answer.  I should have checked that setting.  I must have set it when I was playing around with my test article.

So yes, that fixes the issue of new html articles not posting or previewing properly.  I still can't figure out why my existing/old html articles won't post.  When I open them in the article editor, they show as html articles, but "text" is showing all the html codes.  Could it be because I'm using a different WYSIWYG editor?

keithsnell

I'll play with the display of my old html articles for awhile.

I also have another issue related to the TP install.  Before doing these most recent updates, I had my forum in a subdirectory and the file referenced here:  http://www.tinyportal.net/docs/index.php?topic=215 (Can I still make an external page outside of TP/SMF directory?) in my root directory.  That file implemented my TP front page when visitors hit the index.php in root.  That worked great for me.

However, now the index.php in my root folder is returning this error:  Fatal error: Call to undefined function template_main_above() in /home/content/k/e/i/keithsnell/html/index.php on line 14

Is there a way to update this index.php file so that it still functions like the "old" index.php?  All of my site visitors are used to just going to the root at www.Spiritofphotography.com.  If they get this error they won't know what to do.

So the question:  Is it still possible to implement TP in the root directory with the forum in a subdirectory?

(Please let me know if I need to start a new topic for this new issue.)

Thanks,
Keitih

illori

Quote from: keithsnell on November 25, 2015, 02:02:19 AM
So the question:  Is it still possible to implement TP in the root directory with the forum in a subdirectory?
TP has never had a stand alone option, so i am not sure what you did to set that up. the template system has changed in 2.0 from what was there in 1.1, so maybe that is part of your issue?

seems template_main_above does not exist in a 2.0.* install, it seems in 2.0 it is template_html_above instead. does that help anything?

if not can you attach the file you are using to your next post?

illori

if you want the menu etc to show, i have modified what is on that page to this:

<?php
// ID of the theme
$ssi_theme 1;

// Exact path to SSI.php
require_once('SSI.php');

global 
$context;

TPortal_init();

// Your page Title
$context['page_title'] = 'Demo Page';

template_html_above();
template_body_above();
template_tp_above();

// Here comes all your contents
echo 'SMF/TP Rules baby!';

// And this ends stuff
ssi_shutdown();
?>
that works with SMF 2.0.*.

i will update that article on the docs to make sure it works on SMF 2.0.*.

keithsnell

Quote from: illori on November 25, 2015, 11:11:07 AM
if you want the menu etc to show, i have modified what is on that page to this:

<?php
// ID of the theme
$ssi_theme 1;

// Exact path to SSI.php
require_once('SSI.php');

global 
$context;

TPortal_init();

// Your page Title
$context['page_title'] = 'Demo Page';

template_html_above();
template_body_above();
template_tp_above();

// Here comes all your contents
echo 'SMF/TP Rules baby!';

// And this ends stuff
ssi_shutdown();
?>
that works with SMF 2.0.*.

i will update that article on the docs to make sure it works on SMF 2.0.*.
Thank you illori.  That was exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you to both of you for helping me through this upgrade.

Keith

illori

so everything is working for you now? great.

keithsnell

Quote from: illori on November 25, 2015, 12:10:48 PM
so everything is working for you now? great.

I'm getting there.  Still working through how to get my "old" html articles to display properly.  I've been successful at pulling a few of them into the article editor and manually editing the html code, but that is a time consuming process.

I'll mark this thread as solved, and then open another one if I have more issues.

Thank you again for all your help,
Keith