TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 93

A few errors

Started by DAD, April 11, 2010, 01:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAD

Hi

Got tons of errors in my error log after upgrading to TP1 beta 5.1

8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxx/httpdocs/Sources/TPSubs.php
Line: 78

also

8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxx/httpdocs/Sources/TPSubs.php
Line: 186

and

Unable to load the '.english' language file.

I've tried a fresh install of SMF and also reverting back to the earlier version of TP, but the problem are still there.  They're filling up about 700 pages in a few minutes so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Renegd98

You sometimes will get errors as part of the install and update.  Remove them all and lets see what you have show up after using the software for a while.

G6Cad

Also make sure you have updated your language files for the TP, dont know what other labguage you might have there so you need to check so the language files are there and readable

DAD

Cheers Guys, I'll just wait and see how it goes.

BTW, I'm using no other languages apart from english - all set to readable!

DAD

*bump

Still getting these errors, any ideas how can fix them?

ZarPrime

Dad,

Are you saying that these errors persisted when you reverted back to an earlier version of TP?  Did you have these errors before you upgraded TP?  Oftentimes, these Undefined offset errors are due to other SMF Mods not being installed for a custom theme or due to a block that you have added that has bad code?

Have you added any new blocks recently?  New SMF Mods?  Have you tried the SMF default theme to see if these errors happen with that theme?  Do they happen on every page, for instance, do they happen on a page that doesn't show blocks, like the Calendar?  Can we have a link to your site?

ZarPrime

DAD

Hi

No I didn't have these errors before I upgraded and no new mods, themes or blocks have been added.

The site works fine either in SMF 1.1.11 or SMF 2.0 RC3 but as soon as I add TP, that's when the errors occur.

I have a test site which is using an earlier version of the database which is working fine - http://temp.dadsfme.co.uk although some of the blocks don't work due to pointing to the wrong locations (I know about those).

The main site is http://www.dadsfme.co.uk and this is the one that's causing me headaches.  The error log just fills up with masses amounts of the same errors.

Thanks!

ZarPrime

Dad,

If you are saying that the temp site is basically using a copy of the same database, except for maybe a few more posts, then it doesn't make sense that the temp one would work error free and the main site doesn't.  The one thing you could check is your FTP permissions for both sites and make sure they are set the same, and generally check other settings between the 2 sites and make sure they are set identical.  If that doesn't solve it, the only other thing I would suggest is to extract the TP 1.0 beta 5-1 package into a temp folder on your local machine and upload (overwrite) all the correct TP files in the package to their correct location.  Remember that you are on RC3 so the RC3 files and the common files are the ones you want to concentrate on.

ZarPrime

DAD

Quote from: ZarPrime on April 15, 2010, 04:32:05 PM
Dad,

If you are saying that the temp site is basically using a copy of the same database, except for maybe a few more posts, then it doesn't make sense that the temp one would work error free and the main site doesn't.  The one thing you could check is your FTP permissions for both sites and make sure they are set the same, and generally check other settings between the 2 sites and make sure they are set identical.  If that doesn't solve it, the only other thing I would suggest is to extract the TP 1.0 beta 5-1 package into a temp folder on your local machine and upload (overwrite) all the correct TP files in the package to their correct location.  Remember that you are on RC3 so the RC3 files and the common files are the ones you want to concentrate on.

ZarPrime
Yeah I know it doesn't make sense lol.  I've spent ages comparing the two sites and as far as I know they're identical apart from (as you rightly said) the test site is using a database from a couple of months previous.  I 'could' try using the same database as used in the test site but I don't really want to lose a couple of months worth of posts and new members.

I'll try what you said and overwrite the TP files and see what that does.

I'll get back to you soon.  Thanks!

DAD

Right, I did what you said and it seems to have done the trick (fingers crossed) ;)  At least it seems to have got rid of the vast amount of ''.english' language file' &  'TPSubs.php' errors.

At first I couldn't manually transfer the TP files folder as the owner was Apache so I simply renamed it and then copied the whole folder and its contents.

I'm left with one error though which is cropping up now.....

8: Undefined index: tp-showlatest

File: /var/www/vhosts/dadsfme.co.uk/httpdocs/Themes/default/TPShout.template.php (tp_below sub template - eval?)
Line: 240

....I take it that's the line which would normally say "show next 50", but if so I can live with that - unless you know a fix for that too lol

Cheers for the advice though, I really appreciate it.

Thanks!