TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 244
  • Total: 244

Menu feedback

Started by Oldiesmann, June 06, 2019, 04:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on June 06, 2019, 09:05:55 PM
Thanks, that's what I suspected

Adding a new one, gives arti31

@rjen

That makes sense: you want the Id in the table, and retrieve the query title when building the menu. The previous function must have saved the query title in the table, causing the menu to break once the article query title was updated.

So not the functionality that you want to restore
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

I fixed the menu not using the shortnames for articles and article categories in 1.6.4...

If you want to test, replace the Tportal.php file with attached one...

@rjen

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 06, 2019, 04:02:45 AM
Anyway, I have some feedback regarding the menu block...
1. There doesn't seem to be a way to do a horizontal layout
2. When you add a page as a menu item, it uses the page ID for the link rather than the query title.

Item 2. is fixed. As for item 1: (without making any promises, because that may be more work that I have time atm) waht exactly would a horizontal layout need to look like?

I am assuming you are still referring to a 'block' menu to go into for example a top or upper block?
You can already add options to the SMF menu with the menu manager, so that's not what you are asking I guess...

Oldiesmann

Yes, I'm looking for a top/upper panel block. Something with links separated by spaces, | or some other character of choice perhaps (see https://www.christianphotographers.com for an example of what I'm trying to replicate).

I do see that you can add new items to the SMF menu, but haven't played around with that too much yet. Can you do a drop-down menu there or just a single item linking to something else?

lurkalot

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 08, 2019, 06:15:23 AM
Yes, I'm looking for a top/upper panel block. Something with links separated by spaces, | or some other character of choice perhaps (see https://www.christianphotographers.com for an example of what I'm trying to replicate).

I do see that you can add new items to the SMF menu, but haven't played around with that too much yet. Can you do a drop-down menu there or just a single item linking to something else?

You can use your existing CP menu in a upper block pretty easily, You can see here, just below my shoutbox, https://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php  But you'd know that already, so I'm guessing you want something that looks the same but works differently?

The TP menu, at the moment it can only add single items to the SMF menu, no drop downs etc.

Oldiesmann

I know I can use the existing menu. My goal is to make the site easier to manage overall with less HTML code involved.