TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 145

Custom pages that fully support center TP blocks

Started by dataspiller, February 18, 2012, 03:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dataspiller

I'm running the latest version of Tiny Portal and SMF 2.0.2.

I'm looking to add more pages to my site that mimic the front page in the sense that the pages can support center blocks.

Or basically, a sub-portal - supporting a shout box independent of each page, blocks independent of each page, etc.

What I'm trying to do is setup a website that supports 2 games - I would like 3 pages. First page will be generic. Page 2 would have information only related to a specific game, same for page 3.

I know that blocks can be configured to show up based on custom actions, so blocks for 1 game could be set to only show up for the game's custom action. I also know how to add custom pages to SMF.

My main question is how to display any center blocks. Ideally, based on the layout selected by default in TP's settings.

Even better, the ability to have multiple pages, each with their custom layout.

Any ideas? Or is there a mod that will do this already?

Thanks,

Seth

IchBin

You can have different blocks for any section you want. But you can't have different panel layouts for different sections.

If I were you I'd just have 3 different categories. Each with it's own article that displays for each section that you want. Then just set your blocks to display for each article for the separate sections.