TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:31:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 350
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 344
  • Total: 344

Theme changer and multi color themes

Started by Akyhne, June 14, 2011, 09:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akyhne

The theme changer is a nice feature, but not worth a lot on sites with multi color themes.

Is this going to be supported in the future?

ZarPrime

Well, of course, more than likely.  It's a standard block that is available for selection and has been around for a long time.  Just because it's available, that doesn't mean you have to use it and it is indeed useful for others, even if it isn't for you.

ZarPrime

Akyhne

What an arrogant answer, but then again I'm used to replies like that from the TP team.

ZarPrime

Akyhne,

Just exactly what is your problem Bro'?  I answered your question in a most appropriate way.  If you don't like my answer, go away.  If you would like me to, I can help with that.

I'm just wondering now.  Just exactly what did you expect the answer to be?

ZarPrime

Maxx1

If you'd like to disable the Theme select you may click on the "E" ( edit ) on the top right side of the theme select block, Then select status "OFF" and save. then the block should go away.

I always get great support from ZarPrime a all others here, straight up replies and results! They are here to help but, most everyone I know uses this feature and is very useful to us all.

If ever you feel someone does not understand you, please take some time and explain. there are many members with many problems at these are free support sites and we/they are all volunteers that devote their time and hard work for you all!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

IchBin

I was a little surprised at your response Akyhne. I'm thinking maybe you have misunderstood Zar's response. Could you explain a little more about what your asking? It sounds to me like you want to remove the block so that it is not available?

Sorry you feel that we are arrogant here.

Crip

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on June 14, 2011, 04:01:09 PM
Sorry you feel that we are arrogant here.

None of you were , but he was / is & that's a Fact!
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Akyhne

Where in my first post do I write that I don't like the TP team, that I don't like the TP mod, that I don't want the theme changer??!?

I concidered reporting this as a bug, but then decided to post about it in the "feedback" board. Because a theme changer that can't change between all themes, is buggy to me.

Say I turned to the SM team telling them there's a problem with smilies, the software can only show angry smilies, not happy ones. And the answer I got back was:
QuoteThe way smilies currently work now is good enough for most people. If you don't like how smilies work, stop using them!

I'm really, really sorry I bothered reporting a buggy theme changer here, cause it seems to have offended you guys!

IchBin

Quote from: Akyhne on June 15, 2011, 12:49:42 AM
Where in my first post do I write that I don't like the TP team, that I don't like the TP mod, that I don't want the theme changer??!?

Nobody said that. But you called us all arrogant. When you said, "What an arrogant answer, but then again I'm used to replies like that from the TP team.".

I concidered reporting this as a bug, but then decided to post about it in the "feedback" board. Because a theme changer that can't change between all themes, is buggy to me

Perhaps if you said something like that in your first post in might have helped. I had no idea what you were saying, as you didn't seem to report anything. You simply said that "it's not worth alot". By that sentiment, we ALL took it to mean that you didn't like the theme changer block and that you wanted to get rid of it.

I'm really, really sorry I bothered reporting a buggy theme changer here, cause it seems to have offended you guys!
So are you saying you want it to be able to change a theme, as well as change the color of a multi-color theme? I still have no idea what you are trying to say...

bloc

Multi-color themes are always hard to support with a theme changer block - because there are no real standards for it. I experimented with a few alternatives but none that became wide-spread used... ;D

You could maybe add support for theme variations, though I have no clue whether many themes actually use them or not. Personally I never did.