TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 207
  • Total: 207

Small explanation of Mod Instructions?

Started by Route 66 Rambler, July 28, 2007, 07:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Route 66 Rambler

Hi, don't want to bother you guys unnecessarily, been searching/reading like crazy...   :idiot2:

Just installed TinyPortal v0.9.8 over SMF 1.1.3...

I used the package manager, and everything looks good, but there are four of the little "minus/plus" buttons at top, next to the menu bar, and it seems to me, like there should be just two.  I'm using the default theme, no mods.  I did un-install the Gallery2/SMF bridge before installing TP, though.

I am assuming the double buttons are there because I need to edit the files mentioned in the "Mod Instructions" thread:

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=14195

I'm just looking for a link to a discussion that I remember reading, where it explained the "add before" and "add after" terms, it seems to me like it was sort of backwards to what I might expect.   :o

Everything seems to be working fine right now, and I don't want to screw it up by adding this stuff into the wrong places...

Or is it SUPPOSED to have four buttons up there?  :coolsmiley:
mike

PS:  Just noticed there are also two "Forum" tabs on the menu bar...

***I modified this post here***  I think I found the answer to this problem here:

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=12834.10

Too tired to keep going tonight... will have a look see in the morning...  Thanks for the help!
mike

PS:  I tried to delete this post to not waste people's time, but couldn't do it... sorry.

IchBin

No problem, I'm assuming you got it all figured out then?

If you follow the mod instructions which are posted in the docs section of this site you can check to see how much duplicate code you have and delete the duplicates. :) You should only have one forum button and two upshrinks.

Route 66 Rambler

Just now starting to take a look at things... thanks for the info on that.  What I was meaning was, it seems like I read something by Crip where he was saying to a newbie that when it says "add after" it means that what is getting added goes BEFORE the part you're looking for.  That's what I was looking for.

The post on removing duplicate buttons is a big help, I'll be taking care of that first, then if everything else seems ok, I'm wanting to try a couple of themes, and see about re-installing the G2 bridge...

I love the look of the Leviathan theme, I'm running a car history board, and most of those look the same, be nice to have a trademark look for my forum.

Thanks for your time, guys, this is a fantastic mod...
mike

IchBin

The mod instructions in the docs board should be pretty straight forward. Search for the code, add it after/before/replace what it tells you to. Its not backwards thinking like the XML files. ;) ignore that comment if you don't know what I mean. lol

Route 66 Rambler

Good to go, then, thanks.  Time to get to work...   ;)
mike