TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73

Upload Files Error

Started by daemonist, May 16, 2006, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daemonist

I have already tried the fixes found in the forums, but none seem to resolve the issue.  Here are the details:

Windows 2003 Server
IIS 6.0
PHP 4.4.2
MySQL 4.1.18
SMF 1.1RC2 (with patches)
MOD:  TP 0.8.6
MOD:  itemstats (a mod to display World of Warcraft Item Links)
THEME:  Helios 1.1 RC2
THEME:  WoW 1.1 RC2
THEME:  Oxygen 1.1 RC2

I host my own server, so I have full access and permissions to every aspect of the system.

I am trying to host a few files using the TP download manager, but every time I try and upload a file (doesn't matter the size) I get the following error message:

Quotehttp://www.<xxxxxx>.org/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=upload 
The upload was not able to complete.This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

I also see the following error:
Quotehttp://www.<xxxxxx>.org/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=admineditcat4 
8: Undefined variable: item
File: D:\WEB\<xxxxxx>\Themes\default\languages\Stats.english.php (eval?)
Line: 317

I have confirmed that the PHP.ini contains:
file_uploads = on
upload_tmp_dir = "d:\uploadtemp\"
upload_max_filesize = 50G<---   changed to:  upload_max_filesize = 50000M
**note:  I have tried without the trailing "\" in the path too.

I have confirmed that the Download Manager settings "max upload size" is set to:

I have a category created called "TEST" (the only category) and it has no files associate with it.

I have created a test.zip file that is small (about 10 bytes) and am trying to upload it using the built in uploader when I get the errors.

I have confirmed that the PHP upload directory has full read/write permissions for the guest account used by IIS, as does the SMF and TP structures (this includes the tp-download folder).

I'm at a loss as to what is wrong.   

In a last-ditch effort not to have to ask for help, I replaced all the source files including the TPdlmanager.php

So, any SMF and TP gurus that can point me in a new direction?  Please?

Thank you for your time!

G6Cad

Are you sure that settings should be like that? 50G  shouldent it be set in MB ? like 500000mb

Quoteupload_max_filesize = 50G

daemonist

Quote from: G5 on May 16, 2006, 05:55:06 PM
Are you sure that settings should be like that? 50G  shouldent it be set in MB ? like 500000mb

I tried that too :)   But in my research to find out how to fix this, I saw that you can use K for KB, M for MB, and G for GB as shorthand notation...   The file originally had a 2M, and I first tried 50M and then 50G. 

:)

PHP support document on shorthand is found HERE

EDIT:  ACK!  In re-reading the faq (above) I see that the "G" is only available in PHP 5.1.0, but that still doesn't explain why the 10 byte file failed with a 2M or 50M....   

feline

Good idea .. I add this  ;)
Just make many mods on dlmanager ..

Fel

Ray

I use

Windows 2003 Server
IIS 6.0
PHP 5.1.2
MySQL 5.0.3
SMF 1.1RC2 (with patches)
and it works OK - And it looks like you have it set up right. Might try php 5.1.2 and see if it works for you. On really large files I still will get the same error as you are getting but the normal files 200mg or so it works OK

Ray

I just tried a 700mg file - It uploaded and the IE went to a blank screen - had to restart IE then looked for it in the download section in TP and it did not show it their. Went to the tp-downloads folder and the file was their. It is not writhing the info to tp for some reason. I been hoping this would be fixed by now but it is not. Still can use the upload a small file called the same name as the large file. After upload the small file into TP then can copy the large file over it and then it will work.

daemonist

Well, figured I'd post an update here...

One application needs PHP 4, so I'm unable to upgrade to PHP 5.   I suppose that I'm just not going to be using the upload/download manager at this time, which is a real shame (it would certainly be very useful).   

I'm suprised that so many other people are able to use the download manager with the same setup as I have...  Not sure how they do it, as I've tried everything I can think of...

Thank you for all your suggestions, but I'm placing this issue on the back burner for now.