TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 179
  • Total: 179

Any plans on making TinyPortal ready for SMF 2.1?

Started by @rjen, January 01, 2016, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 10:30:11 AM
Quote from: lurkalot on January 02, 2016, 10:24:19 AM
@rjen, just to clarify, the test site is here http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php

I think you're the only one who's gone down the upgrade route so far, so I'm sure we're going to run into some problems like this.  I've only tested on clean installs atm, not sure about the rest of the team.

Anyway, could you start by turning off page=1 in your articles.

I am not sure what you mean by switching of page=1 in articles? Do you mean not showing them om the home page?

Turn it off or stop it showing on front page will do I guess.

Edit: I see you have done this now. And the rest of the page is showing up. So it looks (to me) there's something in that article it doesn't like.

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 10:32:37 AM
Done that, and the homepage now shows...

but going to an article: http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?page=9

Still the same problem:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function set_avatar_data() in /home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test/Sources/TPortal.php on line 619

Ok so that article also causing problems. Do any of your articles display without problems?

@rjen

I activated a menu block to access the articles but they all have the same problem.

Articles are pretty straight forward, so I do think it may be a code issue..  what is this function set_avatar_data() doing?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 10:46:13 AM
I activated a menu block to access the articles but they all have the same problem.

Articles are pretty straight forward, so I do think it may be a code issue..  what is this function set_avatar_data() doing?

No t sure to be honest, though this problem did pop up once before in testing when one off the team downloaded a older version of SMF 2.1 and tried running TP2 on it.

Where did you get the download of SMF 2.1 beta 2 from?

@rjen

I got the bea 2.1 beta 2 from the SMF download, not Github. I was not sure the Github version is stable?

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 10:54:44 AM
I got the bea 2.1 beta 2 from the SMF download, not Github. I was not sure the Github version is stable?

OK, if you read my first post where I said, you need to download and install the latest gihub version. Pretty sure if you do that it'll work.  The one from the downloads page is usually behind in development.

@rjen

I did read it, but to be honest I am not that familiar with Github versions and was not sure if that version would install just like that.

As you already noticed I wanted to do an upgrade, not a fresh install, and the github repository does not hold upgrade scripts

Any tips on how to upgrade using Github files? Juste use the latest files and the older upgrade script?

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 11:02:24 AM
I did read it, but to be honest I am not that familiar with Github versions and was not sure if that version would install just like that.

As you already noticed I wanted to do an upgrade, not a fresh install, and the github repository does not hold upgrade scripts

Any tips on how to upgrade using Github files? Juste use the latest files and the older upgrade script?

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 Download zip on the r/h side.

All the files are in the zip, but they've hidden the upgrade files in a folder called "other" you'd need to extract all the files and zip them up again properly.

@rjen

Ok, will do, though not today, thanks for the help sofar.

I will get you more feedback as soon as I have re installed the test forum...

lurkalot

Thanks. I'm sure it will work out.

I hope you made a backup of your database before doing any of this, should something go wrong. ;)