TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 235
  • Total: 235

Frontpage news not showing for guests.

Started by londonhogfan, December 13, 2006, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londonhogfan

This has worked in the past, but since the upgrade to 9.7 the news posts on the front page no longer show for guests.

In the front page settings in the admin page I have it set to
"Allow guests to see news from the news board - even if guest are not allowed to see the board?" YES

www.the-rota.com

G6Cad

Have you also set what forum board to use as the news board in the settings ?

londonhogfan

Yea, I have been using TP for about 8 months.  Everything is set and it works fine when someone is logged in.  Only problem is for guests.

RoarinRow

does this feature use /Sources/news.php?  I had several errors in my log on that file.  Did a search on SMF and someone else had the same error in their log using SMF 1.1.

I did like him and just used the previous version of news.php from the 1.1 RC3 package.  I haven't see the error since (knock on wood).

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

TMG1

Quote from: RoarinRow on December 13, 2006, 10:50:40 PM
does this feature use /Sources/news.php?  I had several errors in my log on that file.  Did a search on SMF and someone else had the same error in their log using SMF 1.1.

I did like him and just used the previous version of news.php from the 1.1 RC3 package.  I haven't see the error since (knock on wood).
where did you get that news.php??

Lesmond

Like he says he got it from the RC3 package. if you still have a copy of smf 1-1-rc3 just unzip and look in the Sources folder. don't forget if you do use it backup the SMF1.1.1 first :)

TMG1

Quote from: Lesmond on December 26, 2006, 11:52:55 PM
Like he says he got it from the RC3 package. if you still have a copy of smf 1-1-rc3 just unzip and look in the Sources folder. don't forget if you do use it backup the SMF1.1.1 first :)

ya that's my problem i don't have rc3 anymore.. can someone hook me up?

Lesmond