TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 165
  • Total: 165

Resize Images

Started by Lesmond, July 25, 2020, 10:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

Not sure if this has been asked, couldn't find anything in a search?

When writing a HTML article and adding a new image, the only way I can see is to change to view source and edit the size from there. like so.. style="width: 350px; height: 500px

What I would like is the ability to be able to change size on the fly, ie. drag the corners of each image while I'm editing the article.

I understand this may be a limitation of the editor. or have I missed the setting?

@rjen

Pretty sure that is a limitation of the editor: we are using the same editor SMF is using in 2.1 (SCEditor). There is no TinyPortal setting for that, so it will be something the editor does or does not support...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Lesmond

Quote from: @rjen on July 25, 2020, 11:11:52 AM
So it will be something the editor does or does not support...
I had feeling that was the case, oh well :(

The new forum I have started is an extension of a facebook group I run for my city, and it will have a lot of articles added, just would have saved me a lot of time editing images

here if you want to see https://forum.myleicester.pw/index.php

@rjen

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Your site looks good Les.  O0

Re: The editor.  Must admit I always turn it off when creating articles, but it would be great if you could drag to resize images, I would be tempted to turn it back on for this feature.

tino

https://www.sceditor.com/posts/how-to-upload-and-insert-an-image/

It looks like it's possible (kinda)

We can also resize them on upload if needed in the php.

I thought there were options in the settings for image sizes.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on July 25, 2020, 03:22:28 PM
https://www.sceditor.com/posts/how-to-upload-and-insert-an-image/

It looks like it's possible (kinda)

We can also resize them on upload if needed in the php.

I thought there were options in the settings for image sizes.

lurkalot

Cool, this would make it somewhat easier to use. Don't think we have any settings for resizing in TP, unless it's supposed to use the SMF ones.   

I sometimes wish the image Quicklist was separated from the article sys, because I use it for all sorts, like images for blocks, even for the odd forum post, and of course articles.  It's such a handy upload tool on its own. But the downside for me is, you have to have the WYSIWYG editor enabled in article settings to use it.  ;)

Lesmond

There is an option to resize image, with an image url,

as seen here...

But only works on the article your working on, if you use another image from the "My Images Quicklist" then you have to use source edit.

What I have done, is copy the url from the "My Images Quicklist" and pasted that into the above settings.

like so..

lurkalot

Quote from: Lesmond on July 25, 2020, 03:56:50 PM

if you use another image from the "My Images Quicklist" then you have to use source edit.

Yep, that's how I usually do it from the get go, but I usually get in a right mess when the editor kicks in.  So I upload my images, make a note of the image urls and then turn off the editor.  Then add the images same way as you Les.