TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116

Truble of encoding Title comments of Articles

Started by saks, September 25, 2010, 02:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saks

II very much waited for new version TP and has established version TP and many problems of the old version have appeared are solved, many thanks to developers!

But in comments of articles there is a problem with headings of comments in Russian. Look the enclosed picture, the Russian text in comment heading is not displayed, and instead of it there is a symbol?
What site of a code is responsible for a conclusion of heading of the comment and how this error can be corrected?
P.S. Site in UTF-8

Link on Article

ZarPrime

Quote from: saks2008 on September 25, 2010, 02:52:21 AM
P.S. Site in UTF-8

Is it Russian-utf8?  Have you done the TinyPortal Language translations yet?  I assume that you are using TP 1.0 RC1, correct?  There are some new theme strings that need to be translated.

I don't know where this symbol is coming from right now.  Can you switch your Forum to English briefly and see if anything changes?  Also, I can't seem to get to your site.  Is it up or down right now?

ZarPrime

saks

saks

Quote from: ZarPrime on September 25, 2010, 03:11:47 AM
[Is it Russian-utf8?  Have you done the TinyPortal Language translations yet?  I assume that you are using TP 1.0 RC1, correct?  There are some new theme strings that need to be translated.
Yes i use Russian-utf8.  i do not have a problem with translate, i have a problem with add comments on russian , english is ok, but all russian text of comment title is not displayed , only one letter ?

look now http://www.paraplanoff.net/index.php?page=84#tp-comment

ZarPrime

saks,

I don't know why this might be happening with the article comments.  I'll see if I can get Bloc to take a look at this topic the next time he logs in to see if he might have a comment about it.  Or perhaps one of the other Team Members here will have a clue as to why this is happening.

ZarPrime

IchBin

Can you post the characters that is causing this so we can test it?

saks

Quote from: IchBin on September 25, 2010, 05:02:32 PM
Can you post the characters that is causing this so we can test it?
Yes. It's all russian characters, so as 'а, б, в, г, д, е, Ã'‘, ж,  з... Ã', Ã'Ž, Ã'' and all words on russian lang...  :-\ for example - "ЭÃ'‚о Ã'â,¬Ã'Æ'Ã'Ã'ÐºÐ¸Ð¹ Ã'‚екÃ'Ã'‚"

saks

for login use name - test and password 1234567890
http://www.paraplanoff.net/index.php?page=76#tp-comment and post any comment with russian characters in title (ЭÃ'‚о Ã'â,¬Ã'Æ'Ã'Ã'ÐºÐ¸Ð¹ Ã'‚екÃ'Ã'‚)

IchBin

I've put some of those characters you posted into a comment subject on my own site. I does not have any problems displaying them like your site. Can you test to see if you have the same problem if your using English?

saks

Quote from: IchBin on September 27, 2010, 03:44:33 PM
Can you test to see if you have the same problem if your using English?
If i use English, all first English characters is ok, but texts in Russian all the same are not displayed in heading
P.S. I still have some problems with the Russian text, but they are not so appreciable, and of them I have eliminated some, probably it is not absolutely correct. I have specially established a test local server with support of coding Russian UTF-8 to be convinced, that my hosting is not a problem.