TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 304
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 305
  • Total: 305

Installing TP with SMF 1.1.4

Started by Angelotus, November 04, 2007, 04:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstrike

hi.i need support

install tp
1. Download TinyPortal Package Installer
2. Upload it to package manager(Admin > Packages > Download Packages) and Apply it.
and ...
Error 500: Script Execution Failure

As manually install this package? By FTP

Sorry my english is veri bad

IchBin

Manual installation instructions is located in the Docs board. A link is in my signature.

Blunt

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on November 08, 2007, 12:09:53 AM
Have you followed any suggestions at SMF to get your package manager to work?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28393.0

Thanks for the suggestion, but the attachment is missing from the initial post, and I'm afraid that after trawling through thirty-five pages of posts I will find the thread contains outdated information, or I'll follow every link and spend the rest of my life going around in futile and evermore exasperating circles until I'm wild with frustration, and thereupon run amok with my pants stretched over my head and pencils shoved up each nostril.

I will try asking my crappy hosts (asmallorange.com) to enable PHP suExec, though, as suggested. Most of the problems I've ever come across with SMF and Tiny Portal, seem to be down to the way my hosts set up their servers.

Quotehave you tried opening the package and re-zipping it?

No, but I can't imagine that'll work, because I've also tried expanding the file and uploading the decompressed contents via an ftp prog. Nothing works. Even the ftp drops hundreds of files. That's what makes me wonder if something like mod_security is rejecting the files based on their names, but I'm told by my hosts that's impossible.

QuoteYou choose the upgrade  or update package?

I've tried both. Hell, I've tried allsorts. That's why I eventually came here - I was wondering if perhaps TP was fighting the SMF upgrade, whether there were compatibilty issues, or something.

Thanks for the help, everybody.

Zetan

If you have a server/hosting problem, thats something you need to work out with the host.
It has nothing to do with TP/SMF. You can stick whatever you like up your nose, with whatever you like on your head.. It still wont make a difference to the package manager, which is part of SMF.

Many people manage to install SMF/TP on a daily basis, many people manage to follow the Docs, Manual installs, Package manager install.. Themes.. and Yes, some do require help.

Resolve the server issues.

Blunt

Quote from: Zetan on November 08, 2007, 09:43:16 AM
If you have a server/hosting problem, thats something you need to work out with the host.
It has nothing to do with TP/SMF. You can stick whatever you like up your nose, with whatever you like on your head.. It still wont make a difference to the package manager, which is part of SMF.

Many people manage to install SMF/TP on a daily basis, many people manage to follow the Docs, Manual installs, Package manager install.. Themes.. and Yes, some do require help.

Resolve the server issues.

Well, sorry if my feeble attempts at humour upset you, but I tend to try and laugh when what I really want to do is murder somebody.

It's not altogether certain it is a hosting problem. If it was I wouldn't be here asking questions. All this stuff seems straight forward and easy to you, but I know next to nothing about it, and what I do know has been hard earned. The last thing I need is somebody berating me while I'm trying to figure all this stuff out.

IchBin

Its easy to read into something on the internet. And I think both of you managed to do that just now. :) Well, I can say one thing for sure. The package manager is so well built I haven't seen a problem with it personally. In fact, every problem I've ever seen has come down to a setting on the server that restricts the package manager from being able to do its job.
You don't need to follow the links in that topic. But if you read through it you'll find some suggestions or work arounds that people have posted to make it work.

Slash_Mckagan

Well I have a problem installing TP with the latest version of SMF,I manually uploaded all the file,I CHMOD everything and ran the tp_manual.php and it said that it configured the tables in the datebase,but and when I refresh my site,there's no tp there just my SMF,I've read the docs to install maually,anyone have any idea why tp sin't showing up on my site?

G6Cad

When you install TP manually, you need to first make sure you use the MANUAL install package from the downbloadsection.
When you have the file, extract it on your local PC, upload the files through FTP.'
Then read the modinstructions in the DOC section (in the menutab "docs")

Add all the code manually to your SMF files as the modinstruction shows.

When you have done these 2 steps, point the browser to th file manual_tp_install.php and let it update/install the database tables.
Offcourse all this with the forum set to use Default SMF Core theme, and English language.   Refresh the forum and TP is installed.

Slash_Mckagan

well I've done everything mod instruction  says to do but it just messed up everything and now my SMF is screwed up. :tickedoff:

G6Cad

Well, cant give you any help unless you help us first.

Screwd up SMF forum ?
What error do you get ?
What steps did you do ?
A link to your site ?

Please read the posting guide we have, they are there for the reason that you have to provide US with enough information so WE can help YOU.