TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38

What annoyed you today?

Started by lurkalot, February 23, 2017, 08:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: lurkalot on October 09, 2018, 11:07:22 PM

Thing is, this morning this laptop downloaded and installed a update, and it's currently awaiting a restart. :knuppel2:

Looks like they did pull that update after all, it was a couple of different updates and they seem ok. Made me backup though, which isn't a bad thing.  :)

lurkalot

Windows update again. 

Some customers report that KB4494441 installed twice on their device.

I was one of them that had to install it twice to get the damn thing installed.   :knuppel2:

Ken.

The download on mine got hung up at 1%!  :tickedoff:

Now I'll have to wait until my data 'bonus' time to continue the download. (2A-8A)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ken. on May 18, 2019, 05:03:08 PM
The download on mine got hung up at 1%!  :tickedoff:

Now I'll have to wait until my data 'bonus' time to continue the download. (2A-8A)

Doh, that's a nuisance Ken.  Hopefully yours will install properly first time.

Thing is, a couple of days ago these updates were sitting there waiting for me to restart so they would install, which I did.   Then today, I noticed the same update that had installed previously was downloading again, KB4494441 Checking the Windows build, it had the wrong build number, now after letting it install again it has the correct build number.

Stick this in google KB4494441 and you'll see others have had the same problem. ::)

Ken.

Yepp, it can be a nuisance.
Mine is now having a 'black' screen problem that I've not checked out yet, so it may be the update or it may be the computer but I don't know at this time. After finally getting the update it took a couple of hours of fiddling and thrashing to get it back on, so I'm dreading the next restart to see what happens.   :(
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

lurkalot

Ken.  Dunno what's happening, but noticed there was another Windows 10 update waiting for me yesterday. Wonder if this is in preparation for the big one at the end of this month.

Ken.

Quote from: lurkalot on May 22, 2019, 08:49:37 AM
Ken.  Dunno what's happening, but noticed there was another Windows 10 update waiting for me yesterday. Wonder if this is in preparation for the big one at the end of this month.

Maybe, but I've not tried to keep up with the news.
Getting ready to do a restart on mine to see if it gets the black screen on its own and not just on the update restarts... it's normally left on all the while.

Ken.

Well, that was a fun couple of hours!  :D

Looks as though the Windows 10 update restarts are not the cause of the issue, it is instead the restart that is the issue. So, what is the underlying cause?

My next line of testing is checking for heat problems and I've installed the RealTemp utility to start tracking the CPU cores to see if they might be running hot.

lurkalot

Fired up Edge browser on my laptop this morning, and it had decided to change the language all by itself. Of course the settings were also in a foreign language too, so had to work it out and change it back. 

It did the same on my desktop too.  Thanks Microsoft.  :tickedoff:

Wichtlmex

Quote from: lurkalot on September 30, 2019, 08:35:25 AM
Fired up Edge browser on my laptop this morning, and it had decided to change the language all by itself. Of course the settings were also in a foreign language too, so had to work it out and change it back. 

It did the same on my desktop too.  Thanks Microsoft.  :tickedoff:
Hahaha.... getting REALLY hard if that languange would be mandarin ;-)
I had that on my MP3-PLayer..... fortunately I can read "menu" and "language" and "English" ;-)
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3