TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 253
  • Total: 253

Download Manager Problem

Started by nathancnc, April 02, 2009, 04:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathancnc

Hello, I am using SMF 1.1.8, and TP 1.0 beta3

I cannot add a file to the downloads that I already have uploaded to my website. I have tried everything! The files are orginized into folders, and the folders are in "tp-downloads" But when I go to add the file, it only lists the folder names and none of the files, Please help.

ZarPrime

Hi nathancnc,

Welcome to TinyPortal.

The files in the tp-downloads folder must not be in folders.  They must just be in the tp-downloads folder itself.  Placing them into categories that you have created within TP is handled by the script and the database itself.  Once they are in the tp-downloads folder and not in sub-folders, you will be able to select them and have the download manager place them into the category of your choice.

ZarPrime

nathancnc

Thank you, that did work. But is there any way that this feature can be added in the next release? Also is there any way to link to files, that are on another server (some of my stuff is elsewhere)

ZarPrime

Hmmm, well, there has been a little discussion about this, but I don't think it's a planned feature at this time.  If it is something you want to see in a future release of TP, you could post a topic on that in the "Proposed Features" board (http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/board,109.0.html) or into the bugtracker as a Feature Request.  I don't know how difficult this would be.  Bloc would have to decide this, but at least if it's posted as a Feature Request it will get Bloc's attention.

ZarPrime