TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 280
  • Total: 280

Elkarte TinyPortal Testing

Started by tino, January 05, 2021, 01:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Hi All,

The latest copy of TinyPortal for Elkarte is available here;

https://tinoest.co.uk/forum/index.php?page=ElkTinyPortal

I would appreciate it if some of you can test it, obviously if you're using SMF and have no wish to change then it isn't for you.

Can you raise any issues you find in this topic, or on Github and I shall work through them all. 

tino

Oldiesmann

I've still got an ElkArte test site... I'll put TP on it later and play with it some :)

lurkalot

Hi Oldies, not sure what versions of Elkarte it's compatible with, tino did say at some point. I'm sure he'll let us know if that's an issue.

tino

It's compatible with Elkarte 1.1.x, I'm currently working on a new branch compatible with 2.0.x

@rjen

Finally got around to installing TinyPortal for Elkarte.

- First thing I noticed are the text formatting issues in de admin area: setting captions are printed in Bold, due to the font-weight: 600; in the css for .settings label. I personally find that a bit invasive...

See that some entries are not in bold, because I did not 'label' all fields...
Hmm, might be something I will pick up in SMF to prevent similar issues with SMF themes. Not a big issues, just does not look good...

- Second thing I noticed is that the tooltips don't work...

- Block styles definately need cleaning up: the block styles that made some sort of sense in SMF now all look the same in the Elkarte theme

- Check the style in tp-style.css

dl.tptitle dt {
    float: left;
    width: 40%;

The 40% should be changed to 39%: the Elkarte theme does not like this. See the "Edit Article" Title and Short name section what I mean...

(I'll update this in SMF too, maybe some SMF themes will do the same...)

- I cannot create a new Article Category from the list page.

Results in error: "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: item_type"

- Trying to upload an article icon results in error: Call to undefined function fatal_error()

In general I noticed that the Elkarte theme indicates some layout errors in the TinyPortal templates, that SMF 2.0 and 2.1 did not show.  :doh:
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Thanks for testing, I'll look at those errors.

The block templates is on my list of things to fix, I made a stab at in the development branch. I think also the category error is fixed in that one.

I don't mind the bold on the labels, I was going to move them all across to that. I'll add a subclass so they can be styled though.

Thanks again for testing.

@rjen

No problem, if you don't mind I can submits some of the layout stuff to your development branch...

It would be nice to keep SMF and Elk branch a little bit in sync, even though with all your changes to the Elk version there is not a lot of synergy left...

Mind you: if youhave fixes / improvements that we can leverage in the SMF version (like for example the block layouts) please let me know ...

tino

Quote from: @rjen on January 30, 2021, 11:05:09 AM
No problem, if you don't mind I can submits some of the layout stuff to your development branch...

It would be nice to keep SMF and Elk branch a little bit in sync, even though with all your changes to the Elk version there is not a lot of synergy left...

Mind you: if youhave fixes / improvements that we can leverage in the SMF version (like for example the block layouts) please let me know ...

You're more than welcome to contribute against it. Styling isn't my thing. I've only got the article logic to change then, I'll be adding the downloads, menu and gallery sections.

It's mostly the same, just moved around a fair bit. If I'm honest it'll also work ok SMF with minor changes for the styles. It's I feel cleaner on the ones I have moved across, but that might be as I know the code in more detail now.

@rjen

tino

Quote from: @rjen on January 30, 2021, 12:40:36 PM
Gallery sections?

Yeh, I'll merge what I did for YAPortal into TinyPortal and tidy up the display side. It'll also take the download logic from there largely with the front section taking bits from TinyPortal.