TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:36:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 78
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 141
  • Total: 141

? ? ? /manual_tp_install.php ? ? ?

Started by whohacks, October 06, 2008, 10:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whohacks

what are the exact steps to setting up this TP ??? i have uploaded all the files and then browsed to /manual_tp_install it says it added tables and other stuff but when i go to my site THERE IS NOTHING NEW  ? ? ?

i havent changed CHMODS or added any code or edited anything as i have not found any posts on how to set this up . . . any help is much appreciated !

Ken.

Hey whohacks, welcome to TinyPortal.

How do I manually install TinyPortal

Check the steps in that page to make sure you've done everything needed.

EDIT: for spelling.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

whohacks

how do i do a different install besides manual or do you suggest doing the manual install ?

Thanks for you QUICK repsonse !

Ken.

Normally you would install through the SMF package manager because TinyPortal is a 'Mod' for SMF. If that fails for some reason then you would do the manual install.

Doing a manual install is not all that difficult to do and is a great way to learn more about your files and how they work together.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

whohacks

can i just pay you through pay pal or somehting . . . i REALLY LIKE THIS " mod " but i cant figure it out . . . how do i just go to my admin section and install the theme through the install mod area, or can you not do that with this script ?

whohacks

okay so i have download the beta from . . . http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/action,tpmod/dl,get886.html
and then went through my admin area in the forum and chose the ZIP and then clicked install and got a blank page . . . if i choose the unzipped folder it lets me keep clicking into the folder until i choose a file and if i choose the tp_install.php file, it goes haywire when i as if there is no css . . . i am stuck  :(

IchBin

When you get a blank page, are you still able to view the forum afterwards? Sounds like permissions problems. What host are you with, and what type of access do they allow you? Do you have CPanel and FTP access? If you do, I wouldn't mind doing it for you. However, if you're host is trying to be cool by having their own interface and file manager, then I don't want to touch it. lol

whohacks

i use godaddy . . . and i can change CHMODS to 777 if i choose, i also have ftp. also . . .

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !