TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:08:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 86
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 78
  • tino

After login some blocks left disappear

Started by raoul, May 27, 2007, 08:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raoul

I have noticed a strande problem on my forum www.thailandforum.be.
Some registered users complain that after they login the blocks left disappear. The outline of the block stays but the block shows -no entry- and also the titles of the block is not vissible. When they logout everything seems back normal. Very strange is that other users not have these problems.

Does someone have an idea?

Thx

Zetan

Check the individual block permissions.. make sure that all member groups have access to each block.

raoul

Indeed, the most problems are solved now.

One problem stays. When a member chose another language then english, the user block stays empty. I have seen that for the old version op TP a dutch language pack was available but not for the new version of TP.

Should i try with the old file on the new version of TP or better I wait untill dutch is available?

Zetan

check whether the forum uses UTF8 languages.. If it does, you need UTF8 language packs. You will have problems displaying text otherwise.

G6Cad

raoul

I tried butI get an error :

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted

I tried first with Iso and after with utf8.

(Bye teh way, what's the difference?)

Mossa TheGreat

Quote from: raoul on May 27, 2007, 03:25:31 PM
I tried butI get an error :

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted

I tried first with Iso and after with utf8.

(Bye teh way, what's the difference?)

Sorry, but you are not supposed to install these as you installed TinyPortal, you need to extract its content into your theme's directory and into the languages folder. Let me check the files that mrs. G6 put there...

Yes, you need to place them into your themes directory's languages folder.

The difference between UTF8 and ISO? Well, you use FireFox? Try pressing on View menu, and then Character Encoding, there you will se UTF and the ISO encodings. In my understanding of how it all fit together, is that UTF8 is simply all languages, but ISO is specific languages. And you need to choose ONE and only ONE to run on your site, otherwise people will have issues viewing your page properly.

I am debugging this stuff right now... See my other thread if you have a suggestion for me.