TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:37:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 122
  • Total: 122

Admin panel- Cannot change theme

Started by Mz.Betoch, November 04, 2007, 03:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mz.Betoch

When I am in the manage and install section >themes and settings options as admin, and I tell it via the drop down to change the theme to a different one it acts like it is doing so, but then just comes back with the same view. But if i click the CHANGE option next to the drop down and choose the them there it works.

EDIT-
Take that back, clicking the change option only works for two themes- default and dark dirge all others just act like they are changing and then the window stays the same

This worked the other day, why would it suddenly not work?  Another of my settings source pages disappeared as well, I just replaced that and it worked...

help...

Ken.

This is more of a question for SMF I think, but from what you are saying it may be that you are setting the forum default to a custom theme, but you are not changing your theme selection.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Mz.Betoch

I choose the theme in the drop down of theme choices in the admin panel, and click save it runs through the action of changing the theme but then stays with the theme that was originally there. I was in DARK DIRGE and it wouldnt even allow me to change it to the default theme, i had to change it via the theme module on the front page of my site.

G6Cad

If you recet the theme YOU have to SMF Default Core, that theme will probably load for you no matter what theme you set to show as your site default.
Why ?  Because your private theme settings will override any site default theme settings if you dont force the theme manager to recet all members themes to site default.

Or another thing, it can be that you have locked an article to always have the same theme shown. (should not happend in admin though as you dont have any articles precent there)

Mz.Betoch

Thats the wierd thing, I allow the members to use any theme I have authorized in the theme box, but I was trying to change it in the admin panel. I had taken away their right to change their theme and choosen the default theme, said save, it ran like it was going to change and went back to the Dark Dirge theme again.

Wondering if something was changed in my theme options admin settings.