TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80

Artilce can not be shown on frontpage

Started by test333, March 29, 2020, 02:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

What Lurkakot said: SMF 2.0 does not play nice on php 7.3.

The thing with the Frontpage may very well be caused by that. Max php version to use with SMF 2.0.17 is 7.2
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on March 29, 2020, 03:27:42 PM
What Lurkakot said: SMF 2.0 does not play nice on php 7.3.

The thing with the Frontpage may very well be caused by that. Max php version to use with SMF 2.0.17 is 7.2

Strange, glad I'm not the only one thinking along those lines, but I just checked the requirements and it does indeed say "Versions of SMF from 2.0.16 onwards require a version of PHP between 5.3 and 7.3."

That said I still don't believe it's completely compatible.

lurkalot

OK, don't know if you took our advice, or did something else but I see the articles now on your front page.

test333

Quote from: lurkalot on March 29, 2020, 03:45:35 PM
OK, don't know if you took our advice, or did something else but I see the articles now on your front page.
I was testing it. I did not touch PHP setting. What I have done is uninstall TinyPortal and reinstall it.
I had tested twice on another website:
If the MOD "ADK blog" was installed at first, TinyPortal won't work evenif "ADK blog" is uninstalled later.
If TinyPortal is installed at first, "ADK blog" won't work.
Now I know TinyPortal and "ADK blog" are conflict.

lurkalot

Quote from: test333 on March 29, 2020, 04:50:14 PM
I was testing it. I did not touch PHP setting. What I have done is uninstall TinyPortal and reinstall it.
If the MOD "ADK blog" was installed at first, TinyPortal won't work evenif "ADK blog" is uninstalled later.

I did see your error log was full of depreciated errors fro ADK blog, but as I didn't see it it installed anywhere, I ignored it.  Obviously ADK Blog isn't compatible with later PHP versions is problem.

EDIT:  By the way did it give any tests failed warnings when you tried to either install TP or ADK Portal?

test333

Quote from: lurkalot on March 29, 2020, 05:05:03 PM
Quote from: test333 on March 29, 2020, 04:50:14 PM

I did see your error log was full of depreciated errors fro ADK blog, but as I didn't see it it installed anywhere, I ignored it.  Obviously ADK Blog isn't compatible with later PHP versions is problem.

EDIT:  By the way did it give any tests failed warnings when you tried to either install TP or ADK Portal?
I uninstalled "ADK blog" and tested TK before I asked you to login it. I did find error message when I installed TP, it showed index.php could not be replaced. As for "ADK Blog", I remember that there was no error.
I have tested simple Portal, ezportal, dream port. Simple portal cuold not be installed. EZportal has bad view on ipad. Dream view seems work well with "ADK blog".

@rjen

If a Mod gives an error upon install that means it may not work.

It seems the Blog and TinyPortal are both editing the same section of index.php : the second mod to be installed will error: you are supposed to fix that error manually if you proceed to install anyway!

FYI: in SMF 2.1 TinyPortal is all hooks ( no file edits) so this will not be a problem in future .

test333

Downgraded php to 7.1.33. When I installed TinyPortal, got two errors:
can not modify index.php, can not replace index.php
It still conflicted with ADK blog.
Everything is exact the same as before.( PHP 7.3).

@rjen

The problem is not the php version: it's the conflict between the mods.

Changing the php version will not change the conflict.

If you want to use both mods you will need to make the change manually. If you are not familiar changing codes, make sure to make backups first, because you can easily break the forum completely...

lurkalot

Yes as @rjen mentioned above, it's because both those mods edit the same file(s).  So If you have ADK blog installed you will get test failed errors when you try to install TP.  And if you have TP installed and then try to install ADK blog you will get test failed errors as well.

Your log had a load of depreciated errors from ADK blog, indicating it didn't like the version of php you were running it on. ..