TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:16:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 179
  • Total: 180
  • @rjen

ADVERTISE Tiny Portal on your website!

Started by stigmartyr, April 05, 2006, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigmartyr

Bloc - lemme know if Im missin the boat here... I dont see a place to find good graphics (small and large adverts) for linking back to Tiny Portal...  sure ur credits are embedded @ the footer, but Im talking about something like u have above? small dimensions for my side bar?

ontap

stigmartyr

Thanks to BOTH of you.  Thats what I wanted! :)

parentingdiscussions

I have used their banner within my site, and their logo, the reason for the banner is  because I just think that if someone wants to see it they will go to it, I guess, but I will be improving the site over the next few months. but you can go to this page and see what I am talking about.

http://parentingdiscussions.com/discussions/advertise.htm

bloc

I will create some decent banners. What sizes are the usual ones..?

ontap

Quote from: Bloc on April 08, 2006, 10:40:30 PM
I will create some decent banners. What sizes are the usual ones..?

88x31 120x60 468x60 ;)

elpvn

Thanks Bloc, I will get a 468x60 or large to my site (hope it will in dark style  :laugh:)

Mitchâ„¢

Hey bloc would it be possible to get one in the size of:
width: 120px
length: 600px

bloc

600px in height? You sure about that long?

TwinsX2Dad

120 x 600 is a skyscraper banner and it is a standard size. 160 x 600 is a wide skyscraper banner, also standard.

The standard banner ad sizes are:

Micro banner @ 88 x 31
Button 2 @ 120 x 60
Button 1 @ 120 x 90
Half banner @ 234 x 60
Square button @ 125 x 125
Rectangle @ 180 x 150
Vertical banner @ 120 x 240
Full banner @ 468 x 60
Square pop-up @ 250 x 250
Skyscraper @ 120 x 600
Medium rectangle @ 300 x 250
Large rectangle @ 336 x 280
Wide skyscraper @ 160 x 600
Vertical rectangle @ 240 x 400

parentingdiscussions

Quote from: TwÃÆ'Ã,­nsX2DÃÆ'Ã,Â¥Ã,,‘ÂÃ,³ on April 12, 2006, 09:46:54 AM
120 x 600 is a skyscraper banner and it is a standard size. 160 x 600 is a wide skyscraper banner, also standard.

The standard banner ad sizes are:

Micro banner @ 88 x 31
Button 2 @ 120 x 60
Button 1 @ 120 x 90
Half banner @ 234 x 60
Square button @ 125 x 125
Rectangle @ 180 x 150
Vertical banner @ 120 x 240
Full banner @ 468 x 60
Square pop-up @ 250 x 250
Skyscraper @ 120 x 600
Medium rectangle @ 300 x 250
Large rectangle @ 336 x 280
Wide scyscraper @ 160 x 600
Vertical rectangle @ 240 x 400

Hum, our standards: I would think that it sometimes doesn't really matter what the standard is these days, but your right, those are pretty close to what fits into most websites. Good job buddy, for pointing that out to us, I wish more people would do that, man you can't beleive some of the banners I have seen that screw up a website because they think they have to be different.

bloc

The world of ad sizes are pretty much unknown to me...thanks for the list. :)

parentingdiscussions

A long time ago I would totally agree that the standard is really the best way to go, however sometimes you have to bend the rules if you want to get your point across. Banners are like to standard these days, and I would like to see more change in websites. That is why I am trying to come up with new ideas all the time, it is time to move away from the old school and let our technology step forward. You know Bloc, I think some animated ads would be pretty cool. 

bloc

Animated..as in Flash? I have dabbled a bit with it, so its doable.

TwinsX2Dad

I agree there - flash could be nice, but not as the only option. The object is to make it easy for others to link to your site. In the case of big referral sites, like Amazon, you have a large assortment of choices and most are dynamic. In the case of a smaller one, you might have a few banner themes contained in the most popular banner sizes x .

My thing is that if I have a nice links area, with room for an 88 x 31 microbanner, I might not consider your 468 x 60.

Here's an idea. You created the button generator. Could you do the same thing with banners? Except instead of giving editorial license on the text, you put in several pre-approved texts, in several languages. Someone picks the size, the color and the TP ad blurb, then copies the result to their site......

parentingdiscussions

Quote from: TwÃÆ'Ã,­nsX2DÃÆ'Ã,Â¥Ã,,‘ÂÃ,³ on April 12, 2006, 05:25:37 PM
I agree there - flash could be nice, but not as the only option. The object is to make it easy for others to link to your site. In the case of big referral sites, like Amazon, you have a large assortment of choices and most are dynamic. In the case of a smaller one, you might have a few banner themes contained in the most popular banner sizes x .

My thing is that if I have a nice links area, with room for an 88 x 31 microbanner, I might not consider your 468 x 60.

Here's an idea. You created the button generator. Could you do the same thing with banners? Except instead of giving editorial license on the text, you put in several pre-approved texts, in several languages. Someone picks the size, the color and the TP ad blurb, then copies the result to their site......
You know, that is a good idea, however the problem with doing something like that, is that some people might abuse that kind of thing or feature, and that is the sad part. I think the more you give to people the more then want even more and sometimes even take advantage of it.

Like, not long ago a girl PM me off from yahoo, and she sounded nice at first, however when I pulled up her profile there was something that caught my eye right away, the photo that she was using on her profile was a model that had worked for me, and to make it even worse it was my own photo. This is what I mean about people taking advantage, but in this case< I go along with you, it would be cool to have that type of option.

dkaye315

As with most everything else I do, I've taken the unconventional route and created a "3-part" banner to promote the 3 app's used to run Cafe Deux.  Below is the composite image; however, on my site it is made up of 3 cells with links to each of the respective websites.

(Would've linked to Sony too, had they not discontinued my beloved F828.)

G6Cad

Kaye.
I just have to say i love your font in the banner of yours, is it scripttina?
I have that on my other site i have to as the logotext :)

dkaye315

^Thank you. It is indeed Scriptina - really love that font - very elegant, and unique.   :)

wref

I know that this is quite an old topic, but i searched high and low for a tiny portal 88 x 31 micro banner and i couldn't find one anywhere, so here are two 88 x 31 micro banners that i quickly knocked up myself, maybe someone else might find these to be beneficial.