TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 265
  • Total: 266
  • lurkalot

1.1.4 and TP 0.9.8

Started by vdubbia, September 25, 2007, 05:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubbia

I noticed SMF 1.1.4 was released a short time ago... seems okay to upgrade based on my dummy forum, but is there anything to watch out for?

gffb

No seem'd to work fine on my 2 sites

SteveK

Can someone with Bloc's team verify that 1.1.4 is OK to upgrade to when using TP 0.9.8.

Steve

marke1415

- im using SMF 1.1.4
- i successfully downloaded the package
- when e clicked on "Apply Mod", it gave me a result "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

i dont know if its a 1.1.4 issue or my download is corrupt or im missing something

Nikki Sixx

SMF 1.1.4 changes are limited to the "index.php" file in the root directory and an assortment of files in the "/Sources" directory. No template changes ensued with this released. TinyPortal 0.9.8 is fully compatible with SMF 1.1.0-1.1.4.

marke1415

how come it always gives me a message "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."? am i missing something.

Nokonium

Any mod written for 1.1.3 will give the same error if you try to install it with 1.1.4. Until the TP Support have had time to have a look and then update TP 0.98 to work with 1.1.4, I suggest that you uninstall the patch, install TP 0.983 and then reinstall the patch. Likewise if you want to uninstall TP 0.983 from 1.1.4 you will have to uninstall the patch to be able to uninstall TP 0.983, then reinstall the patch.

marke1415

i got it, i installed TP on 1.1.3 and upgrade my SMF to 1.1.4

Crystallas

IF YOU ARE DOING A FRESH INSTALL OF SMF 1.1.4 with TP 0.983, or you have encountered the error "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.""  please add 1.1.4 in the package-info.xml after any place that says 1.1.3's using the same pattern as the previous versions compatible.

Or, download and replace the package-info.xml in your package with the one that is attached to this post.
*warning* I'm sure that this is safe, and works, but until Bloc has officially made whatever changes to TP, this is at your own risk.

BTW, it works great for me on 5 sites!

Nikki Sixx