TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 183
  • Total: 183

098 installed, created database error

Started by hygron, March 19, 2007, 05:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hygron

I uninstalled mods and changed to default theme, but forgot that frontpage had to be changed manually because I use 2 themes.

I got this error.  says database error.

Table 'hygron_forum1.smf_tp_shoutbox' doesn't exist
File: /home/hygron/domains/hygronomics.com/public_html/forum1/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 701

I made backup, but when choosing folder for it, I think I allowed "windows" to change it to text.  anyway.  Not sure if my backup will work due to that.

I have an older DB, but I had a ton of posts and information this past month.

How bad is it?  Thanks for the help.

Nokonium

If you search you will find that you have in essence answered your own question, the solution is in the part of the error that you didn't quote.

hygron

riddles?  what do you mean the part I didn't quote?
thanks, but 1st thing in the morning...

G6Cad

Hygron, download the BIG upgrade package from SMF and upload all the files from the upgrade, point the browser to the file called UPGRADE:PHP

When you have upgraded your forum, TP V.098 will work from the package manager.

hygron

OK  thanks G6.  I did the small upgrade.  Oh well

Large upgrade it is...later.   Nice siggy. 8) 

G6Cad

hygron

Ok.  I got forum back, but upload wiped out all MOds, and TP

Now I tried to upload tp098   939kb...I get the following error:

The file you are uploading already exists on the server. Please delete it first then try again.

I tried to delete all TP files, and upload again to server, but this error still comes up.  I must have missed some TP files.

hygron

G6Cad

Through FTP, go in and remove the package from the packages folder in your forum folder.

Then install TP through your package manager

hygron

Busy today G6?   You got to love it when Bloc releases new version.  No rest for the weary. 

I have recovered and uploaded TP 0983.  Everything seems to be good.  Now I have another little query.

My global headers and footer are listed, but there is no "apply".    what do I need to do in order to recover all the Mods that I had onsite?

I know some I can just delete and reload, install, but for the global header/footer.  I have alot of affiliate links I would like to save...

hygron

I went ahead and deleted reinstalled Global h&f.  Thanks

G6Cad

Nokonium

Quote from: hygron on March 19, 2007, 02:22:00 PM
riddles?  what do you mean the part I didn't quote?
thanks, but 1st thing in the morning...

Sorry about the riddle, I meant that after

QuoteDatabase Error
Table '########smf_tp_shoutbox' doesn't exist
File: /###############/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 701

comes:

QuoteNote: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.2, while your database is at version 1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=14272.msg119362#msg119362

hygron

thanks guys.  everything went well.

for future reference.  Idid did large upgrade ~via~ webinstall.php, then chmod, and tp thru the package manager.  thanks for your concern G6.   BTW  Many here have helped me out, but between you and Rebelrose, I must say.  You taught me well.  what happens is I don't do the installs much, and I forget a little thing here or there.

IN this case.  I had planetsloee as default frontpage, and triton as forum default.
I also clicked , but did not uninstall 1.1.2 upgrade when I was removing Mods. that is probably the error that caused the whole 1.1.2 folders, but no 1.1.2 package...roflmao, Getit?  later.  thanks.

Now if I could just get my image links to work consistantly.