TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:05:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

Language badge

Started by Nolt, June 25, 2010, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nolt

Hi,
I'm curious what about lang badges, they are for? ppl who translate TP or?

Freddy

Yes I think so.  All the member groups probably are not set up yet.  Hopefully Les will pop in today and sort you out.

It might be a while as England are playing Germany in about 15 minutes   ;D

ZarPrime

I think we are going to have to discuss this.  I would prefer that persons with a Language Badge be sort of a Moderator for the Language that they can help out with rather than just translators but we will discuss this ove the next week or so.

ZarPrime

Nolt

Thanks guys for explanation.

agridoc

I was the TP Language Team member. It' s like Internationalizer in SMF.

I had asked credits and a group for translators in the past but it was left behind.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

Nolt

Yea, but official SMF have also for translators Language mod and Local mod badges. Local mod is viewed only in exact lang board and on rest ones is Language mod bage. ZarPrime your idea is good, Lang badge could have permissions for change uploaded lang files, mod permission in lang board, maybe access to the special language board if there is any or will be in the future.

agridoc

Nolt they were never badges for translators in SMF.

There are badges for Moderators of specific language boards as you stated. Some of them are translating too but the badge is for moderation. Local (Language) moderators are also listed in the SMF Team page.

In tinyportal.net I remember only that some Turkish moderators had been given the TP support badge.

Please give us some time to fix things.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF