TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51

How to: Import shouts from SP/EhPortal

Started by Oldiesmann, January 20, 2020, 06:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Just moved a site I'm hosting from EhPortal to TP and the members wanted shoutbox history imported as well, so I wrote a script to do that. Figured I'd share it here in case anyone else wants to do that. Note that this was run on 2.1. If you're on 2.0, you should be able to remove the "$smcFunc['db_select_db']" line and also change "inet_ntop($results['member_ip'])" to just "$results['member_ip']" (this is needed due to differences in how the data is stored in 2.1 vs 2.0)

<?php
include_once('SSI.php');
$smcFunc['db_select_db']('your_database');

$query $smcFunc['db_query']('''SELECT shout.id_shout, shout.id_member, shout.member_name, shout.log_time, shout.body, mem.member_ip FROM {db_prefix}sp_shouts AS shout
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.id_member = shout.id_member)'
, array());

$shouts = array();

while(
$results $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($query))
{

$shouts[] = array(
$results['id_shout'],
$results['body'],
$results['log_time'],
'shoutbox',
'<a href="' $scripturl '?action=profile;u='$results['id_member'] . '">'$results['member_name'] . '</a>',
inet_ntop($results['member_ip']),
$results['id_member']
);

}

$smcFunc['db_insert']('insert''{db_prefix}tp_shoutbox', array('id' => 'int','value1' => 'string','value2' => 'string''type' => 'string''value3' => 'string''value4' => 'string''value5' => 'string'), $shouts, array('id'));

?>

lurkalot

Neat  ;) Thank you Oldiesmann, I'm sure someone will find this very useful should they find themselves in the same position. 

And thanks for switching to TP as well.  8)