TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:45:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 274
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 280
  • Total: 280

TP menu button removal?

Started by madfitz, January 29, 2021, 02:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfitz

SMF version: SMF 2.0.17
TP version: 2.01
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Default curve
Browser Name and Version: FF 85
Mods installed: TP

Is it possible to remove the TP button from the menu and put all admin tasks back in the admin center?

I won't be using downloads or articles so users won't need the menu. I disabled it but I'd rather it not be there for admins either.

tino

Quote from: madfitz on January 29, 2021, 02:46:32 PM
SMF version: SMF 2.0.17
TP version: 2.01
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Default curve
Browser Name and Version: FF 85
Mods installed: TP

Is it possible to remove the TP button from the menu and put all admin tasks back in the admin center?

I won't be using downloads or articles so users won't need the menu. I disabled it but I'd rather it not be there for admins either.

There isn't an option to do this with TinyPortal for SMF.

madfitz

tino

Quote from: madfitz on January 29, 2021, 07:47:00 PM
Well that kind of sucks.

I believe it has always been that way for TinyPortal when used with SMF.

You can modify the source code yourself to move it across, but it requires multiple edits. In multiple places.

@rjen

I had a look at it, but I would only consider it if it can be done with hooks and works seamlessly for 2.0 and 2.1, but I would not know where to start...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

@rjen

I suspected you already did that for Elkarte.

Had a look at your changes, but I am sorry: that's WAY above my skill level.
I will not even try to do that, because I will break more than I can fix, and it will take me weeks... just do not have the time...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

I'll be honest I prefer the portal admin separate from the SMF admin.  Once the forum is set up I'd only want to access the portal anyway. When I tried the Elkarte version of TP although very neat I miss the TP admin button not being there.   

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on January 29, 2021, 09:25:25 PM
I'll be honest I prefer the portal admin separate from the SMF admin.  Once the forum is set up I'd only want to access the portal anyway. When I tried the Elkarte version of TP although very neat I miss the TP admin button not being there.

That's the thing, everyone has their preference. When I asked on here previously it was preferred where it is. So I left it alone.

I prefer it in the admin area as once I've set the blocks up, then I'm pretty much done with it. It's not an easy thing to have as selectable either so it's one or the other. You can remove the icon from the menu and just have the link saved elsewhere mind. That's an edit to integrate.php

lurkalot

That's true tino, it is only a personal preference thing, I'm so used to it being there is part of the issue for me. 

Touching on the TP Admin usage, I guess it it would depend what you use the portal for as to how often you'd need to edit certain blocks. Obviously if your content doesn't change much that's fine.  That said I suppose there's nothing stopping anyone adding their own admin link in a block for quick access. 

Swings and roundabouts.  :)