TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 209
  • Total: 210
  • illori

Clean SMF 2.1 RC1 install and TinyPortal on PHP5.6 crashes

Started by tino, March 15, 2019, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Not sure why, and this is something that lurkalot has raised before and I never managed to replicate, but TinyPortal 1.6.x will crash on a clean install with the latest SMF 2.1 RC1 package when running on PHP 5.6 switching to PHP 7.x and everything works ok.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on March 15, 2019, 07:46:49 PM
Not sure why, and this is something that lurkalot has raised before and I never managed to replicate, but TinyPortal 1.6.x will crash on a clean install with the latest SMF 2.1 RC1 package when running on PHP 5.6 switching to PHP 7.x and everything works ok.

Please tell me this is the white screen issue I mentioned?

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on March 15, 2019, 07:52:38 PM
Quote from: tino on March 15, 2019, 07:46:49 PM

Please tell me this is the white screen issue I mentioned?

It is. It kills the whole of apache.  :knuppel2:

tino

lurkalot

:hmm: Actually tino I've had this do it in Xampp running PHP: 7.1.17 as well.

Though this has happened to me many times on my Xampp installs it hasn't really ever been an issue on my live server installs. This is why I always thought it was my local setup giving me grief.

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on March 15, 2019, 08:04:41 PM
:hmm: Actually tino I've had this do it in Xampp running PHP: 7.1.17 as well.

Though this has happened to me many times on my Xampp installs it hasn't really ever been an issue on my live server installs. This is why I always thought it was my local setup giving me grief.

Ok, not a issue. I wasn't actually running the latest version of TinyPortal 1.6.2 was missing the forum_version change. So that was 2 hours wasted  :o :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

lurkalot

:'( I was almost getting excited there, thinking you'd seen the same problem I was having.

tino

I think it might be related though. The rewrite of the buffer seems to cause apache and php to fall over. So next time I would start by looking there.