TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:27:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 324
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 332
  • Total: 332

0.9.8 download?

Started by Teelow, March 16, 2010, 12:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: FireDitto on May 12, 2010, 09:35:37 AM
Vote added.

If my computer hadn't died and needed replacing, I'd have a copy of the version to use; but obviously, I do not. *sigh* Bloody computers! >_> lol.

Thanks.  O0

I have a copy taken from my packages folder, trouble is it's been installed so long it will only install on SMF 1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.0.9, 1.0.10, 1.0.11, 1.0.12.   I'm sure there's a later version for at least SMF 1.1.2, but obviously it's gone from the downloads page.  :knuppel2:

JPDeni

Open the .zip file. Open the file named package-info.xml with a text editor. There will be a line that says

<install for="

with the numbers of the SMF versions listed. Add the version number you want it to work for. Save the file. Create a new zipped file. Install.

FireDitto

Lurkalot, I could kiss you! :P

I forgot all about taking it from the Packages file of another site!! Thank you :D

ZarPrime

Quote from: FireDitto on May 12, 2010, 08:59:14 AM
... so, it's not possible to get 0.9.8 at all?

I need it, because a mod I want to use is only compatible with 0.9.8, not the later versions of TP =/

FireDitto,

Any chance you could tell us what Mod you are talking about that is only compatible with TP 0.98 so that we can check it and see if it can be made to work with the latest TinyPortal?

Thanks,
ZarPrime

FireDitto

Of course, sorry, it's here - Sarge's Shared Forum Mod.

I don't believe it's officially a Mod yet, and it hasn't been updated in quite a while from what I can gather. It's an 1.1.x stream only. If it is compatible with the latest versions of TP, no one has mentioned it that I've seen.

ZarPrime

I see.  Well, it looks like that one might be abandoned and someone is working on a version for SMF 2.0 RC3.  If they can get it working correctly for that version of SMF, it shouldn't matter whether whether TP is installed or not.

I don't have time to look at this right now but, in the next week or so, I may take a look at the newer version, but it won't be until after I have finished the testing I'm doing right now for the next TP update.  It certainly looks like an interesting Mod.

ZarPrime

JPDeni

FireDitto, you could make a test forum and try it. It could be that the mod writer only had .9.8 at the time that he made it, but that it will work equally as well with later versions. There's really no way to know without giving it a try.