TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:03:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78

Show hello message each day

Started by elpvn, May 18, 2006, 03:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoarinRow

I got this error:

8: Undefined index: today_is_birthday
File: /forum/Themes/default/TPortal.template.php (eval?)
Line: 280

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

technodragon73

sort of...whatever time you have with the forum compared to your time zone....so it is a hybrid...

technodragon73

Sorry, edited the post above.  The birthday greeting was part of an edit that involved other files as well so i removed it...the greeting is still there.

RoarinRow

Quote from: TechnoDragon on May 20, 2006, 04:31:15 AM
Sorry, edited the post above.  The birthday greeting was part of an edit that involved other files as well so i removed it...the greeting is still there.

Cool, that worked thanks!   8)

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

technodragon73

elpvn

pheasant_plucker

I tried this but it doesn't show my avatar in the box! It's stored externaly to the forum server would that stop it showing?

Gerry

rbh

just curious, but i tried the mod to the template file tech posted and it didn't change anything. i looked at both codes posted and they look the same. am i missing something?

RoarinRow

Quote from: rbh on May 20, 2006, 07:26:24 PM
just curious, but i tried the mod to the template file tech posted and it didn't change anything. i looked at both codes posted and they look the same. am i missing something?

Tech's code worked for me.  See attached.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

rbh

look back at both codes posted and compare them, i couldnt find any changes between the two.  ??? i copied the second code and changed it within the TPortalBlocks.template.php and it doesn't do anything different.

roarin, can you open your TPortalBlocks.template.php and copy what change you made and post it here?

sorry, i was the one messing up. i copied the wrong thing. :o  :uglystupid2: ok, i will try again. thanks!

it works great! ;D