TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,161
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 68
  • @rjen

View source button not working

Started by sturmkatze, May 12, 2020, 10:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturmkatze

Does anyone else have this problem? I can't get to or edit the source in the edit window. I wanted to take my front page and make a dummy to try themes on... I HAVE to have the edit code working.

Link to my site: http://www.reenactor.net
SMF version: SMF 2.0.17
TP version: 1.6.6 
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: main one is called "Green the Fourth" I know dumb, but it was the fourth try of modifying something --curve, I think. :P
Browser Name and Version: I am almost exclusively using Firefox -- whatever newest is. It updates itself. But, 76.0.1
Mods installed:

• TinyPortal 1.6.6
  • SMF 2.0.15 Update 1.0
  • Ultimate Profile 0.9.1
  • Google Analytics Code 1.4
  • Links 2.0
  • SMF Gallery Pro 5.0.3a
  • SMF 2.0.16 Update 1.0
  • SMF 2.0.17 Update 1.0
  • Ad Managment 3.1a
  • SMF Staff Page 1.7

sturmkatze

Strangely, not all pages do this, but... the console seems to be editing the code I put in the window, monkeying it all up. Is there  away to stop that? I literally see it change things. Ugh. Is it the wysiwyg editor doing this? Do I need to ask my friend to re-install ck editor?

tino

What changes? ckeditor can't be reinstalled unless you downgrade to that version of TinyPortal. Which you can do if you have a back up of the database to undo the changes that were applied during the upgrade but isn't recommended due to recent security updates.

sturmkatze

Quote from: tino on May 13, 2020, 01:52:34 AM
What changes? ckeditor can't be reinstalled unless you downgrade to that version of TinyPortal. Which you can do if you have a back up of the database to undo the changes that were applied during the upgrade but isn't recommended due to recent security updates.
I had a programmer friend do the work. It was working. The current editor isn't that great and I've had problems with it. Much like right now wherein I cannot see the code on certain pages.

tino

Quote from: sturmkatze on May 13, 2020, 05:10:59 AM
I had a programmer friend do the work. It was working. The current editor isn't that great and I've had problems with it. Much like right now wherein I cannot see the code on certain pages.

You're being very vague with the issues you're having so I'm not sure what help we can be to resolve them.

vbgamer45

In the javascript console. It looks like only happens in the sceditor when a mix content issue.

Saw this in the console log

Blocked loading mixed active content "http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=reenactornet&o=1&p=...B&=1&lc1=800000&bc1=BCC0A7%3C1=_blank&IS2=1&bg1=BCC0A7&f=ifr"
sceditor.min.js:3:1161
Blocked loading mixed active content "http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=reenactornet&o=1&p=...B&=1&lc1=800000&bc1=BCC0A7%3C1=_blank&IS2=1&bg1=BCC0A7&f=ifr"
TypeError: t.style is undefined
sceditor.min.js:3:4453

sturmkatze

Quote from: tino on May 13, 2020, 08:00:39 AM

You're being very vague with the issues you're having so I'm not sure what help we can be to resolve them.
I am not. I paid someone (Dragoon probably) back int eh day to redo it so I could use the old fck-editor because the one that comes with TP sucks and changes the code around. Later, my friend (after changing to v.2.0x) set it so that I could use the newer ckeditor.

I am not vague. I need something that will work and not mess up the pages. I am running a website. This is simply a tool.

sturmkatze

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 13, 2020, 02:50:10 PM
In the javascript console. It looks like only happens in the sceditor when a mix content issue.

How am I going to be able to edit the pages? Is there a work around?

tino

Quote from: sturmkatze on May 13, 2020, 04:22:10 PM
Quote from: tino on May 13, 2020, 08:00:39 AM

I am not. I paid someone (Dragoon probably) back int eh day to redo it so I could use the old fck-editor because the one that comes with TP sucks and changes the code around. Later, my friend (after changing to v.2.0x) set it so that I could use the newer ckeditor.

I am not vague. I need something that will work and not mess up the pages. I am running a website. This is simply a tool.

What is the current editor adding that you don't want?

SCEditor is used by numerous software forums and others are not reporting this issue. It has been downloaded from the main website over 2000 times for the latest release, that's ignoring the fact that we only downloaded it once and have since redistributed it over 500 times ourselves and you're the only one who has reported an issue. Which I am yet to know what it actually is.

I can't help you if you don't properly describe or tell me what problem you are experiencing. I understand you want it to work how you expect, I however do not know how that is as I'm not inside your brain. So please elaborate more and explain/show me the issue you are having.

tino

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 13, 2020, 02:50:10 PM

That seems to be coming from the smf ads code running on that site not TinyPortal or the editor it uses.

sturmkatze

Quote from: tino on May 13, 2020, 05:26:02 PM
please elaborate more and explain/show me the issue you are having.
It changes the code around. I literally have to edit the code in notepad++ and THEN, paste it int he text window. It alters the code and often deletes things.

Now, I have to go to work. long day sprung upon me. I was woke at 08:15 and got to bed late. Will get home, maybe by 4am to go back out between noonish and 2.

Please understand< I am not being obtuse. If I can't get it to work, I'll have to turn it off. I started using SMF/Tp so i did not have ot massage all this crap MYSELF every time I changed something. I have people that help and they are into history... not coding.

tino

Quote from: sturmkatze on May 13, 2020, 05:52:11 PM
It changes the code around. I literally have to edit the code in notepad++ and THEN, paste it int he text window. It alters the code and often deletes things.

Can you send me the code you paste in before you paste it in, and then after you have pasted it in and what it has changed to please.

sturmkatze

Quote from: tino on May 13, 2020, 06:03:26 PM
Quote from: sturmkatze on May 13, 2020, 05:52:11 PM

Can you send me the code you paste in before you paste it in, and then after you have pasted it in and what it has changed to please.
It won't be tonite, nor tomorrow, likely. I will try. I know exactly where it does it too. Just work is, I think, going to blow for next couple days. Sleep, I must.

sturmkatze

Any ideas why the view source is not working? I cannot edit my main page in code view and I need to do that. Other pages work, but not this one. Help

@rjen

It's been six weeks since your last message. Did you make any progress?
More importantly, did you actually provide tino with the code he asked for?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Quote from: sturmkatze on June 28, 2020, 03:44:25 AM
Any ideas why the view source is not working? I cannot edit my main page in code view and I need to do that. Other pages work, but not this one. Help

It works for me in every test that I've tried. Without you providing any more information I can't help you I'm afraid.