TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Re: TP 1.0 on SMF 2.0.7

Started by adambean, February 01, 2015, 05:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adambean

Hello,

Sorry for posting in such an old forum, but I'm having similar issues.

When installing TP 1.0 on SMF 2.09, I get the same error. When installing 1.1, it breaks the entire site.

I'm attempting to revive my site from years ago and I absolutely would love to get TP working again.

Thanks!

lurkalot

Quote from: adambean on February 01, 2015, 05:26:57 PM
Hello,

Sorry for posting in such an old forum, but I'm having similar issues.

When installing TP 1.0 on SMF 2.09, I get the same error. When installing 1.1, it breaks the entire site.

I'm attempting to revive my site from years ago and I absolutely would love to get TP working again.

Thanks!

Ok, so when you tried to install 1.0 you got a test failed?  Did you make the file edit that it asked you to.  And if you tried to install TP 1.1 you must uninstall 1.0 first. I'm assuming you grabbed the zip file from github, this will need unzipping a packaging up properly before you install it.

I know it's been a while since we released anything new here. But if you hold on for just a little longer we should have a public release of TP 1.1

adambean

Thanks for the prompt reply lurkalot!

Yeah, when installing 1.0, it fails on the same file that everyone else has reported issues on - QueryString.php.
   13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed

I then came across this post (http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35325.0) in which Maxx gave the instructions on the manual modifications to QueryString.php. I did so and attempted to reinstall TP 1.0 and it still throws the same error.

As for 1.1 yes, I got it from github and created a new .zip file. It installed without error, but threw my site way outta whack. No errors or anything, but rendered it pretty useless.

Any suggestions?

lurkalot

Quote from: adambean on February 01, 2015, 05:58:37 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply lurkalot!

Yeah, when installing 1.0, it fails on the same file that everyone else has reported issues on - QueryString.php.
   13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed

I then came across this post (http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35325.0) in which Maxx gave the instructions on the manual modifications to QueryString.php. I did so and attempted to reinstall TP 1.0 and it still throws the same error.

As for 1.1 yes, I got it from github and created a new .zip file. It installed without error, but threw my site way outta whack. No errors or anything, but rendered it pretty useless.

Any suggestions?

Ok, I would suggest for now you stick with TP 1.0

You can make the edit manually after you have completed your install. 

Best way is install it. Make a note of the required edit. on the failed file (by clicking the little notepad to the left of it)

then grab the file off your server, and keep a copy of it for backup. then edit the file as it indicated. Put it back up on your server where you got it from. 

adambean

Bummer, no other suggestions on how to fix? Based on what I'm finding here, it seems like unfortunately TP doesn't have a lot of active support these days. Such a shame too ... Trying to revive my old site from '09 and I've still yet to see anything better than SMF + TP. Not ready to undertake the effort of a migration and would love to get things back to how they used to be.

Happen to have an ETA on a release?

Thanks again

WillyP

Hi adambean, I've split off your posts to a topic, that way it will be easier to help you. Please edit your first post in this thread to include the information requested above, and to explain exactly what the problem you are having is.

Split from TP 1.0 on SMF 2.0.7

Understand that a failed test usually means that the code the installer is looking for is not found. This is usually caused by another mod changing the same code, sometimes to the very same code the installer wants to change it to. So quite often mods work just fine even though the installer throws an error. Other times you can look at the code and see what needs to be done just by comparing what the code is that it's looking for to the code you have.

lurkalot

Quote from: adambean on February 02, 2015, 12:04:57 AM
Bummer, no other suggestions on how to fix? Based on what I'm finding here, it seems like unfortunately TP doesn't have a lot of active support these days. Such a shame too ... Trying to revive my old site from '09 and I've still yet to see anything better than SMF + TP. Not ready to undertake the effort of a migration and would love to get things back to how they used to be.

Happen to have an ETA on a release?

Thanks again

OK, I should have asked this at the beginning.  What versions of SMF and TP did you upgrade from?  Because if you got 1.0.7 installed and it's messing up the layout, ie left or right panels not working etc.  You might have some old block codes that are not compatible with SMF 2.0.x

If it installs, try turning off your blocks one at a time until the layout comes back. Then tell us what block is causing the issue.

Ken.

Quote from: adambean on February 02, 2015, 12:04:57 AM
Bummer,  ... Trying to revive my old site from '09 and I've still yet to see anything better than SMF + TP.

Thanks again

Hang in there Adam!
My Live Site was taken down for an extended period of time as well and I revived it with a saved copy of my database, a fresh copy of SMF & TP and a little work on the coding issues... got lots of good help from my mates here at TinyPortal, just as you will too.  O0
There may be a couple of issues to work through, but you'll get there with some effort and with the help you'll find here.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

09? that would confirm my suspicion.  Install TP 1.0.7 and turn off the blocks untill everything comes back to noemal.  Then we'll sort out the offending block if we can.

adambean

Quote from: lurkalot on February 02, 2015, 07:37:08 AM
OK, I should have asked this at the beginning.  What versions of SMF and TP did you upgrade from?  Because if you got 1.0.7 installed and it's messing up the layout, ie left or right panels not working etc.  You might have some old block codes that are not compatible with SMF 2.0.x

If it installs, try turning off your blocks one at a time until the layout comes back. Then tell us what block is causing the issue.

I think my SMF was at 1.14 or something before I started mucking around. My site died in early 2010, so it was quite dated. As for TP, I'm starting to think this is where my issue may reside. I don't believe I fully removed the old install as I still have database components lingering. I believe I was on 0.98? Not sure to be honest.

I got your PM; however it won't let me reply to you due to my account being so new. I used to have an account on here years ago, but can't retrieve it. I'm a hot mess! haha

Went to take your advice on trying panels at a time (in 1.1) and now I'm getting "Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /home/content/m/r/b/mrbean17/html/Forum/Sources/Load.php(2156) : eval()'d code(127) : eval()'d code on line 242". Ugh.

Sorry, I should have started a new thread. Gonna try to revert back to 1.0 and play with the blocks ... in the interim, I'd love to take ya up on your offer, just don't know how to contact ya.