TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 175
  • Total: 175

After Logging in TP going to Forum page instead of Home page

Started by Rafferty, November 09, 2009, 08:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafferty

New installation on SMF 1.1.10
TP Ver 1.083 (TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4)
Firefox Browser 3.5.3

Settings in TP are correct (Frontpage Settings: Forum-posts and articles - sorted on date)

Even redirecting with redirection mod to /forum/index.php, it still goes direct to forum, bypassing home page to /forum/index.php?action=forum

Rafferty

I have attempted to make the code change in http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=23213.0 however the closest I can find is:

redirectexit(strip_tags($_POST['tp-shout-url']),false,true); which appears in two places in TPShout.php

Is this the change required?

Made the change also in subs.php and my forum wont show at all just a blank page.

IchBin

Then you did something wrong in your subs file, otherwise the site would load. Shoutbox is likely fine if you found both instances of the code.

Rafferty

No mistake. The code in subs.php was placed in exactly as shown. I have tried it yet again and same thing, changing the false to true, i get only a blank page when attempting to load the forum.

IchBin

After you have added the code, attach your file here so I can try it out.

IchBin

Whatever editor you using you should try something else. Your editor when you save it is changing characters as well as line returns etc. Try this file that I've attached. I would suggest you use a good text editor like context or notepad++ for editing text files.

Rafferty

Thank you for the tip, I did suspect it may be that however, the subs.php provided gave me a blank page on log on.

IchBin

So after your blank page, are you able to browse the site? Can you run through the manual edits for TP and make sure they are all done?
Manual edit Instructions

markym

interesting that all of a sudden I'm having the same problem with my TP forums -- it's loading direct to the forum on login and it used to load direct to the home page.

Theme is Black Rain by Crip
SMF 1.1.10
TP 1.0 beta 4
mozilla 3.5.3

I've not added any mods so I'm stumped as to what has caused it to change how it loads ...

I did find the fix for this problem in another post on this issue -- !

ZarPrime

markym,

Please start your own support topic for this issue.

ZarPrime

markym

...well I found the fix in this topic as noted in my post so need to start a new topic, eh? This info below worked perfectly.

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=23213.msg188221#msg188221