TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 132
  • Total: 132

Quick Nav. Cat. Archive Block

Started by anunlike, October 01, 2006, 09:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunlike

For all the front page items called in from elsewhere - currently articles and forum posts, something good to have would be a block to allow for quickly navigating and displaying all front page items in a certain category.

So, for example, if I have articles and forum posts in the "News" category on the front page, it would be great to have a (type of) block that I could select which would automatically allow for any user to quicly navigate and display all the front page items in the "News" category.

An example can be found here, in the center under the "Search for instances of your favourite psychic caught cheating by clicking here" red text: http://badpsychics.com/thefraudfiles/modules/news/. Not only can you select the category to call the items (only articles there) from, but you can select how many to display.

I'd think a block that could do this automatically would be great, one we just select and set up. It could further be expanded by being able to select articles, posts or articles & posts. I'd think that when called and displayed, it would just show what was already shown on the front page, namely the article intros, etc. with the link to the full articles and forum posts.

bloc

Not a bad idea...it essentially is a shortcut of what shows on frontpage?

anunlike

My initial thought was that there would just be something for any member to quickly call and display all (or to select how many of) the articles, forum posts and articles & forum posts in a certain category.

I supposed it could be expanded out by, as a few examples, calling and displaying the articles, forum posts and articles & forum posts from a certain date or a certain member.

So, yeah, basically a short cut for calling and displaying the front page items - articles, forum posts and articles & forum posts. If there could be a type of block that we (as admin) could select, we could have it customized for what to call and show - by category, by date, by the member who submitted it, etc.

And if there was the option to select how many to call / display, all the better.