TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:00:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,881
  • Latest: fords8
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,096
  • Total Topics: 21,211
  • Online today: 71
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63

tp downloads corrupt display

Started by Replayuk, June 15, 2022, 11:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replayuk

On a mobile phone it looks fine on full screen layout it`s skewed all over to the left hand side of the screen any idea`s as to why it`s doing this.

we are running 2.0.19 and TinyPortal 1.6.9 everything looks great on the settings but for some reason everything pushes to the left hand side of the screen all squashed up and un-readable.

:)

@rjen

What page are we talking about: the main page ? A category page? Individual download? All?

Do you have panels showing on the downloads ?

Please provide screenshots of the problem page... 
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Replayuk

Hi @rjen thankyou for your fast reply, the problem is not on the main tp downloads page but in a category page i have attached a snap shot of the problem.

@rjen

I think I have seen that before. Most likely the issue is caused by the "shortening" of the body text. In 1.6.9 (which is no longer developed by the way) the body text is "cut off' at a certain number of characters.

If the body text contains html code, the cut may be made between tags. A stray <div > without closing tag wil cause this effect.

Check the descriptions of you downloads for html en try to avoid it...

The only permanent solution is to upgrade to TinyPortal 2.2.2 (the latest version) where the shortening logic is adapted to prevent this issue

If you cannot find the cause in the descriptions you can send me a pm with an account for your forum: I can then see where it comes from...

@rjen

Exacly what I thought: you are using the Wysiwyg editor, and I suspect you are copying the content from some website into the editor: that brings in a LOT of HTML formatting, which gets CUT in the middle...

I see in attachment one that there is formatting applied.

Go to edit and in the editor click on the 'View source' button

Then I see all the HTM (attachment 3)

Best way to go about this: NEVER copy formatted text from other sources, instead just type the text in the editor.
Safer way to go about it: switch to the BBC code editor instead.
I fixed a few of the descriptions by copying the text, switching to Source view and pasting the clean text as source code.

Replayuk

Ah so because the user who`s uploaded them has copied his text from another source and just pasted it in there is clashes with the tp code too,

So what i need to do now is edit all the uploaded files that are out of alignment and just goto source and type it is so it clean and that should do it.

@rjen

Replayuk

Replayuk

Now as i look at the source code editor i can see the clash in the code now,

So it looks like i have a very long boring job of editing all the uploads now LOL

But that being said its worth it,

;)

@rjen

Mind you, this functionality has been improved in the new branche . I still recommend that you upgrade to tp 2.2.2