TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:39:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 178
  • Total: 178

Member Color Link in TP

Started by vertigo, December 29, 2010, 04:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigo

Link to my site: http://www.ssclan.com.br
SMF version: SMF 2.0 rc4
TP version: TP 1.0 rc1
Default Forum Language: Portuguese Brazilian
Theme name and version: Pixel Perfected
Browser Name and Version: Google Chrome 7.0.517.44
Mods installed: Member Color Link (other 21 mods working) - image
Related Error messages: Member Color Link works in the forum:

in the stats block:

but don't work in recent topics block and shoutbox:

any way to fix this?

*sry my bad english  :-[

ZarPrime

I've looked through the edits that this Mod does to various SMF files and I will say that it would take a monumental effort to make this Mod work with the TinyPortal Recent block and the Shoutbox.  In fact, I would venture to say that it would be extremely unlikely that this Mod will ever work in the blocks of any other Portal either, unless the author of the Mod took it upon himself to install each Portal and edit the Mod itself to work with each of the Portals.

So, the answer would be "No", unless you can get someone to take this on as a paid project of some sort.

IchBin

Member colors have been added in for the next release of TP for the shoutbox. But I have not considered it for the recent topics or recent posts blocks. Personally, I'd rather people just do custom block codes to get what they want at this point.

vertigo

Quote from: ZarPrime on December 29, 2010, 02:04:35 PM
In fact, I would venture to say that it would be extremely unlikely that this Mod will ever work in the blocks of any other Portal either, unless the author of the Mod took it upon himself to install each Portal and edit the Mod itself to work with each of the Portals.
This mod works with another portal...
Quote from: IchBin on December 29, 2010, 07:32:29 PM
Member colors have been added in for the next release of TP for the shoutbox. But I have not considered it for the recent topics or recent posts blocks. Personally, I'd rather people just do custom block codes to get what they want at this point.
Happy to know about the shoutbox. I'll try to code something...

I want to thank the excellent work you guys do. I know it is not easy. Congratulations, Tp is the best!

Thank you both for responding.