TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:01:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74

Generic Application Form

Started by JPDeni, May 23, 2009, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

That fixed it, thanks for the help!  :)

FUBAR

I've noticed that when going to the application form page it generates a few errors and this is before submitting the form. 

Here are the errors and respective lines:

8: Undefined variable: scripturl
File: /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (eval?)
Line: 256

<form action="' . $scripturl . '?page='  . $_GET['page'] . '" method="post">

8: Undefined variable: fieldvalue
File: /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (eval?)
Line: 286

echo '<INPUT name="' . $field['name'] . '" type="text" value ="' . $fieldvalue[$field['name']] . '" />';

8: Undefined variable: fieldvalue
Line: 313

echo $fieldvalue[$field['name']];

These errors only come up when viewing the application form. 

After submitting I get different errors in the log.

8: Undefined index: heading
Line: 216

$postbody .= '[color=red][u][b]' . $field['caption'] . '[/b][/u][/color]  ' . $_REQUEST[$field['name']] . '<br />';

8: Undefined index: charclass
Line: 223

'subject' => '[Pending] Application of ' . $_REQUEST['realname'] . ' ' . $_REQUEST['charclass'],

8: Undefined variable: user_info
Line: 240

'email' => $user_info['email'],

I apologize for the long post but I'm trying to be as detailed as possible.

Also, BTW the form seems to work properly when viewing and submitting. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!  :)

JPDeni

Maybe I'll just shut this down until I can get it to go. I thought it was ready. It appears I was wrong.

FUBAR

It does work properly though, just creates the errors. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news JPDeni.  :( 

JPDeni

It's all right. I just didn't realize that when I tried to clean up someone's usage of my code that they had altered it so much. I appreciate your telling me, even if it is embarrassing.

I've fixed all of the issues you mention (some were fixed yesterday). If you find anything else, let me know. :)

FUBAR

I tried your new code and copied everything below "END OF CONFIG...." and got an error.  I then copied the new code entirely and unfortunately received the same error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1753) : eval()'d code(586) : eval()'d code on line 124

Not really sure what's up, looks like it's going to be one of those nights.  ;)

JPDeni

Oh, dea. I should have pasted it into my test page. I found two errors. Corrected code is in place.

ColdCoffee

Could I get any assistant in using this same code to work with the CustomAction mod?

JPDeni

I don't know how the Custom Action mod works, so I wouldn't be able to help you.

FUBAR

We are almost there JPDeni!  :)

I'm still getting this error when posting...

8: Undefined variable: user_info
Line: 243

I've also got a question, any idea how to bold each subject heading in the post? 

Thanks for all the help, great block/article.  ;)