TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 288
  • Total: 289
  • lurkalot

A bit confused about how HTML Articles parses

Started by Mick, May 12, 2019, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

So i'm currently in the process of relearning how to use TinyPortal on my dev site. I created an HTML article, added a simple css code with the html entries but once activated it seems is not parsing.  It displays just the code.

https://www.idesignsmf.com/dev-site2/index.php?page=1

Is there another setting that i might have over looked? I ticked html, approved and its active.

Mick

Nevermind. It seems i was using the wrong editor. All's good now.

@rjen

Nice...  :)

By the way, you are one version (with minor bugfixes) behind on Tp.
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Mick

Quote from: @rjen on May 12, 2019, 05:10:08 PM
Nice...  :)

By the way, you are one version (with minor bugfixes) behind on Tp.
I see now lol... Ill download a copy soon. Ya, it turns out i had to turn the editor OFF in Settings when pasting code into html article. Last time i used TP was about 12 years ago, now im trying to figure it out again hehehe.

Now i have the unwanted task to copy all my articles written in SimplePortal off my main site and save them into TinyPortal in my dev site. Once i upgrade my main site to rc2 and TP, copy all my pages back to main site and edit all links. Sigh. Too bad we can import from SP to TP lol.

@rjen

Yeah, we discussed a converter a while back... may be on the menu once 2.0.0 is ready. That will take a while though...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: Mick on May 12, 2019, 05:46:15 PM

it turns out i had to turn the editor OFF in Settings when pasting code into html article. Last time i used TP was about 12 years ago, now im trying to figure it out again hehehe.

Now i have the unwanted task to copy all my articles written in SimplePortal off my main site and save them into TinyPortal in my dev site. Once i upgrade my main site to rc2 and TP, copy all my pages back to main site and edit all links. Sigh. Too bad we can import from SP to TP lol.

Mick, your dev site is looking great.  O0 I'll be honest and say I always have the editor turned off, and only turn it on if  need to for some reason.

As for the SP importer, think tino mentioned this a while back, it might well be on the to do list for TP2.0.     

Mick

I dont know what happened to SP development but they have been very quiet. Its time for me to move on and grab whats available to keep up with times. As for the importer i would think it would be great but i dont need it atm. Useful tho

Ken.

Articles have been used extensively on my site from the very first install way back in 2006 and over time I've used HTML less and less because the BBC type articles have become much more useful to me.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

jernatety

Hi @Mick, are you going to be making/testing block codes for your TP configuration?

Mick

Quote from: jernatety on May 13, 2019, 02:08:50 PM
Hi @Mick, are you going to be making/testing block codes for your TP configuration?
oh absolutely. I've been studying tp files and learning where things are residing. Currently I'm stripping tp to suit my needs lol