TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,161
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tpsummary()" [TP 0.9.6 & SMF 1.0.8]

Started by Lysanda, November 09, 2006, 03:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lysanda

Hi there,
I've recently installed TP 0.9.6 via the package manager and now when links are clicked on the portal (member names, profile links, show new replies etc) I get errors like this one

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare tpsummary() (previously declared in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/hell/Sources/Profile.php:1935) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/hell/Sources/Profile.php on line 1985

Plus a user I have testing the site is getting runtime errors with all sorts of things.

Any ideas?

IchBin

Sounds like your code has been duplicated. Open the profile.php file and search for tpsummary() and any other TP code to see if it is duplicated.

Lysanda

Sorry.. 'duplicated'?  As in copied?.. or repeated within the .php file?

IchBin

duââ,¬Â§pliââ,¬Â§cateââ,¬â€š /n., adj. ˈduplɪkɪt, ˈdyu-; v. ˈduplɪËÅ'keɪt, ˈdyu-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n., adj. doo-pli-kit, dyoo-; v. doo-pli-keyt, dyoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -catââ,¬Â§ed, -catââ,¬Â§ing, adjective
â€ââ,¬Å"noun
1.   a copy exactly like an original.
2.   anything corresponding in all respects to something else.
3.   Cards. a duplicate game.
â€ââ,¬Å"verb (used with object)
4.   to make an exact copy of.

Lysanda

Yes, I understand what DUPLICATE means.. but I wasn't sure which context you meant it in.. but anyways...

I've fixed it!

IchBin, thankyou for your help.  I found profile.php and yep, there it was.. two scripts for TP.

I deleted one and the forum is working great now.. and of course, TP looks great on it!!

IchBin

So you write "Sorry.... duplicated?" and then you yell at me because I give you the definition of duplicate? lol I was just trying to help with a little sense of humor, I guess I left out the smilie so you could tell I was giving you a hard time. :)

It was my pleasure helping. You may want to look in the other files that TP edits and see if the code is "duplicated" in those also. :)

Off the top of my head, Profile.php, ManagePermissions.php, index.php, Load.php, Errors.php, index.template.php.