TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 212
  • Total: 213
  • illori

About the UTF-8 english languagefiles

Started by Lilo, March 28, 2007, 11:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilo

Is this a whole other file than the dafault english file? I thought it was the same but maybe not 

G6Cad

they are diffrent, if you have the english files in utf-8 for the entire forum, you need to have utf-8 files for tp aswell.

Lilo

How do I know If I have the UTF8 english file in mye forum or not. The only english file is the english wich installed with the forum. But I do use the UTF8-norwegian. Is thsi uft8-english language the one called tp 098 english in the download directory? I have seen a file called tp 097 utf8 english, but thats for the tp version before the one I got. I got the 098 version.

G6Cad

If you from FTP connect to your forum folder, and go to the language folder in the default theme directory, you see all the language files.
If any of them have the extension of utf-8.php you have the utf-8 language, if non of the default language files have that extension, you have the ISO (default) and if so, you need to use the NON utf-8 norweigan files.

Lilo

I have the norwegian utf-8 language. Where can i find a norwegian utf8 language file. Guess I only have the default nowegian cause the languagefile I downloaded from here did not have the extension utf8.php But I use norwegian-utf8.php for the rest of my forum.

IchBin

Lilo, please don't cross post your issue. Just asked you a question in another thread pertaining to this. If the UTF8 files are not in the download section then you'll need to make them yourself or wait for someone that knows how to do it.

Lilo

sorry bout the cross posting. didnt mean to. just happend. in which files need i do the translating. you can keep posting here and not mind the other.  the other is not my thread really ;)

IchBin

For UTF8 it is my understanding that its a matter of converting the actual file to UTF8. No other translation needed. Perhaps G6 could answer better on this, as I don't use other languages than English on my forums.

Lilo

Ok. Thank you anyway. Hope G6 will answer then  ;)

G6Cad

If your entire forum have the NON utf-8 files, you simply cant use Norweigan utf-8 language.
You need to download and use the regular Norweigan language pack to get the TP to work with the norweigan language.

http://www.tinyportal.net/Themes/newdef/images/TPdownloadfile.gif

Extract the zip file, upload the files to your themes/default/languages folder, refresh the forum and you should be good.