TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98

1.0.7?

Started by SundayNiagara, May 14, 2006, 05:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SundayNiagara

I don't have a problem setting permissions, if I know which files to set.  That is my question.
Mark

IchBin

Why not just set them all to 777 until the install is over? Then change them back to 755 afterwards, except the Settings.php should be 666 I think.

SundayNiagara

Are you supposed to run the tp install file?  If so, what would the url be?  http://www.americandragracing.com/forum/?
Mark

PS:  Please provide exact instructions as to the setting of the permissions, bearing in mind that I already know the basic stuff.

G6Cad

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/manual_tp_install.php
But that is just going to make the database install, you still have to manually upload the TP files into your forum, and then copy and paste some code strings in a few files

SundayNiagara

Will someone please list the files that need the permissions set and what they need to be set at.
Mark

IchBin

There's too many to list. I'm not going to go through and look to see all the files and directories that need to be changed just because you won't do what I asked. You'd probably find it alot easier if you'd just do a manual install.

SundayNiagara

I've never had this kind of difficulty before.  If someone would post clear-cut, exact, step-by-step instructions as opposed to giving general answers, I can probably solve this problem.
Mark

IchBin

I gave you a clear cut resolution. Chmod ALL files 777. Then after installing the mod chmod them back if you want. It's that simple Sunday. Sorry if I'm coming across a little grumpy here, having fun at work these last couple days.....   :-\

If you really don't want to chmod all files, have a look at the modifications file in the manual install post. This will show you all the files that get modified. I think for the most part it's index.php in forum root, Sources directory/files, and the default theme.

bloc

I will update v0.8.6 in the download section here. Was on my to-do list, but got neglected. ::) :)

SundayNiagara

Quote from: Bloc on May 19, 2006, 04:30:31 PM
I will update v0.8.6 in the download section here. Was on my to-do list, but got neglected. ::) :)

Will I still need to CHMOD the as yet unspecified files?  I have used TP before and never remember having a problem.
Mark