TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 119
  • @rjen

Do you want a favicon for your website? There is a simple, easy way!

Started by brianjw, April 13, 2007, 03:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Yes, FireFox is winning the fight.  Poor IE is loseing the fight

Shadow

Umm, Really don't know.  WAIT WAIT I think I know Isis Err???? lol  :2funny: :2funny:

brianjw

Well I think one of the reasons why G6's way is working on Firefox is because of what she did but when I tried doing that way it didn't work in IE. :)

Lesmond

I read somewhere that with IE, you have to put the site in your Favorites for the favicon to show (why do you think is called a "Favicon" ;) )

IchBin

FF automatically checks for a favicon. IE you have to tell it in the code.

brianjw

Quote from: LesmondÃ,â,,¢ on April 15, 2007, 02:31:54 PM
I read somewhere that with IE, you have to put the site in your Favorites for the favicon to show (why do you think is called a "Favicon" ;) )
That isnt true. It works even without it being in my favorites. :) TP isnt in my favorites and it shows a favicon. Maybe down in another versions of IE other than 6 or 7.

Lesmond

QuoteHow do I view the favicon in my browser?
There are some minor differences in the way browsers display favicons. For example, Firefox 1+ (Mozilla-based) browsers display the favicon on the address bar and browser tabs. Internet Explorer 5/6+ browsers display the favicon on the Favorites menu and on the address bar.

Mozilla/Firefox and most other supported browsers will start displaying the favicon on the browser address bar, the very first time you visit a web page that has a favicon (specified using the favicon HTML tag).

Internet Explorer browsers (as of version 6.x) associate favicons with bookmarks. So you must first bookmark the web page. The favicon will appear on the browser address bar and on the Favorites menu, the second time you visit the bookmarked page. If the favicon doesn't appear even after bookmarking and revisiting the web page, restarting the browser may help.

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/services/favicon/help/

brianjw

I have no idea. It doesn't seem to work that way with my IE6 or 7 :o

5cakids