TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 82
  • @rjen

Block appearance understanding

Started by Wichtlmex, May 25, 2019, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wichtlmex

Hi,
I am building a ywo-section web-page, similar to tinyportal: One HOME section and one FORUM section.
I want a text-block e.g. in the left panel, explaining that the forum is only visible to registered members. My problem is, to have this block NOT showing on the HOME section.
It is a "single articel block" and I thought, setting "show on all forum related sections" would help, but it does not avoid showing this block on the home section. Even deselecting all items in "actions" dos not deactivate showing the block there.
Is there any possibility do acheive my target or should I find a workaround?
Regards
Michael
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

lurkalot

Why not just use a BBC or html block to display that text?  Unless you specifically need it to be an article for some reason.

Wichtlmex

Yeah, thanks. At the moment I am reading you, I already did that. Both work now... I will chose one ;-)

EDIT: Oh I was wrong... I could not manage to configure a block so it would appear ONLY in the Foruma area.
Never mind. The "category"-solution works fine.... and it looks good, because the "you are not allowed until registering" message got the same style as the forum will look after registering!

Thanks for your help
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

lurkalot

Quote from: Wichtlmex on May 26, 2019, 04:34:53 PM
Yeah, thanks. At the moment I am reading you, I already did that. Both work now... I will chose one ;-)

EDIT: Oh I was wrong... I could not manage to configure a block so it would appear ONLY in the Foruma area.
Never mind. The "category"-solution works fine.... and it looks good, because the "you are not allowed until registering" message got the same style as the forum will look after registering!

Thanks for your help

Not quite sure where you were wanting that block to show. Have you a link to your site so we could perhaps take a look.  And a link to the page you wanted to display it.

Wichtlmex

Hi:
On the left panel of
http://www.ecotec2000.de/forum/index.php
I was trying to get a block on top above the "User" block , which is ONLY visible to guests and only on the FORUM section, not on the HOME section.
I appreciate your help, but as you can see in the forum section, now this is the only visible forum category for a guest, which says "acceso al foro restringido".
Working fine so far.
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3