TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 167
  • Total: 167

SOLVED: Unwanted block appears on other pages->BUG

Started by Wichtlmex, June 05, 2019, 02:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wichtlmex

Hi:
I want some (single article) blocks to appear only on the frontpage in the Upper Panel. Some of them work well, but one of them appears as well on the top of the board and also on top of the Download panel.
Seems there is some adjustment different than the other blocks have, but I can´t find, which one.
The URL is http://www.ecotec2000.de/forum/index.php and you do not need to register to see that!

I had that issue with another block also and did not find the error either. I did delete and rebuild the block and the error was gone. But I like to know the root cause!

Regards
Michael
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

Wichtlmex

New information makes this even more unclear:
The block is actually in the UPPER PANEL and it is replicated in the Downloads and on the BOARD also without me doing that.
But when I move this block to the TOP PANEL it disappears from the Downloads and from the BOARD.
How can this happen?

EDIT: It really seems to be a bug.
What is happening, does happen with every other block as well, whenever I activate the block item:
"ACTION: Display on all other pages+ sections"
but in the referred block, this option is NOT set!

Regards
Michael
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

lurkalot

I have no idea what settings you've got without admin access unfortunately, so this makes it difficult to see exactly what's happening.

Wichtlmex

Quote from: lurkalot on June 06, 2019, 08:03:00 AM
I have no idea what settings you've got without admin access unfortunately, so this makes it difficult to see exactly what's happening.
I sent credentials via pm
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

Wichtlmex

Everything is getting worse.... while trying NOT to see my blocks from the Upper Panel on the other pages, checking and unchecking various settings, the result was the opposite one:
Now ALL the blocks from the Upper Panel are visible also on all pages (board, downloads, calender...)
I guess there is either a bug or a setting I do not know about.
:-(
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

Wichtlmex

Finally I found out.... not well explained in the documentation and maybe a bug:
In the block settings there is a setting "language".
My undestanding is: If the language setting "English" is ticked, than this block will be seen when English is selected as a language. If all languages are ticked, in all languages this block will appear.
But it is different: When all languages are ticked, then the block will be shown ALWAYS and not considering the other settings! This is the behaviour of the setting "Action: Show on all pages and categories"  When I untick all languages, the performance is okay and the block does not appear on all pages!
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

@rjen

You have a point, that is not the way I would expect it to work either!

My expectation is that the language visibility option works 'on top of' the other block visibility settings, not 'instead of'  >:(

I'll see if I can find the cause (and the solution).
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Ok, found the cause and the fix. It will be in the next TP release. For now you can use attached file and replace the file on your server. This will work...

Wichtlmex

Thanks, rjen.

As I found the root cause even I can live with it meanwhile! Took me many hours!

I should be professional betatester ;-)

Regards + have a nice weekend!
Michael
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

@rjen

You do not have to live with it. Use the file I posted and it is fixed...