TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 136
  • Total: 137
  • @rjen

2.0.14/TP3

Started by darkangel, June 24, 2017, 11:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkangel

site: http://pfdlives.com/pfd/

various mods

removed old TP2 then installed TP3 and when I clicked the link to go to TP admin area I got a blank page:

this is log:
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot create references to elements of a temporary array expression in /server/pfd/Sources/TPortal.php on line 2447

I could not go anywhere cause it was a blank page everywhere. I finally had to remove all SMF files and the installed pkg list with new one to get back to forum so I could reinstall the mods and TP2 again.

Site is online again and have no idea what went wrong (course we are talking one of my sites...LOL)
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes

lurkalot

Ooh, really sorry things went badly with this. I've not seen this happen in testing. 

Can I ask what version of PHP is that site running on please?

darkangel

LOL told you my sites are naughty.

PHP Version: 5.4.45 (Zend: 2.4.0)

I was just shocked that I could not get back to a working page at all without replacing the files. Within 5 minutes I had the site back up and going again....during a time when there was just me on it --rare time too.

lurkalot

Quote from: darkangel on June 25, 2017, 01:39:37 PM
LOL told you my sites are naughty.

PHP Version: 5.4.45 (Zend: 2.4.0)

I was just shocked that I could not get back to a working page at all without replacing the files. Within 5 minutes I had the site back up and going again....during a time when there was just me on it --rare time too.

Thanks for that info, it will help find the problem.  I'm pretty confident, that if you had just grabbed the /Sources/TPortal.php file from TP 1.2 and replaced the TP1.3 one it would have worked for you without rebuilding your site.

I can only apologise, and will look into getting this fixed asap. 

darkangel

No problem sweety, even the gods made mistakes so when you get it fixed is great, at least now you know in case there are other weird sites like mine. :2funny:

Arantor

Please see the comment in http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35895.0 where I hope I've fixed that.

It's not really that weird; it's simply that it didn't occur to me that that would break in 5.4 since it doesn't in 7+.

darkangel

Thanks arantor, I will attempt the fixes soon then report back.

darkangel

finally got to put tp3 back into the site and as far as I can see there are no problems. It installed wonderfully and did not make the forum/pages all gone.

thanks

Arantor

Awesome, seems like that nailed the last issue that worried me for TP 1.3.

darkangel

You all do awesome work, now if FF would just quit telling me sites are unsafe and make me give exceptions (sites that I know are safe that is) then I might just breathe easier.
Thanks again