TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 143
  • tino

Video Tutorials?

Started by lurkalot, November 20, 2016, 10:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

I was thinking of making one or two tutorials to put on youtube, but can't seem to get my head around the various software to do this. Several of the free software's I've tried so far either don't work very reliably, or don't do what I need.

So far this is as far as I've got.  A rough draft of How to install SMF 2.0.12 in XAMPP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2R9suhffbg

Any free software recommendations welcome.

illori

now if SMF or xampp changes something, well even phpmyadmin your video is outdated. now your video has to be done over from scratch. i dont have any recommendations as for the reasons above and lack of translation is why videos dont really get done for SMF.

lurkalot

Illori, Thanks. I kind of see where you're coming from, but I've been using the same method for several years now and as far as I can see nothing has changed much so far.  ;)

I'll experiment some more.

Ken.

Do you think that adding voice over might be helpful? Just thinking out loud here.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Ken, yes I agree tbh. That example was an extremely rough first attempt. :-[

Just trying to get my head around some of the various free screen capture software options atm. I can add a voiceover to the final video afterwards. That said I could do with a decent mic to use with my audio interface, because the cheapie one I have now just isn't good enough

lurkalot

Lesmond

Quote from: bh2win
You have absolutely no idea how much I want to hug you, tie you up, put you in my closet and call you George...

Following this worked, FINALLY! I HAVE A FREAKING FORUM I CAN MESS AROUND WITH THAT IS LOCAL!!!!!!!

It's not a rubbish tutorial, it is THE TUTORIAL for Xampp! Thanks a ton!
I think he is in love with you Mick :-* ^-^

Ken.

You may be correct Les!  8)

I gave the video a like and a comment.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

lurkalot

Quote from: Lesmond on December 08, 2016, 11:03:17 AM

I think he is in love with you Mick :-* ^-^

Yes, that's a bit worrying. lol..  :D

Quote from: Ken. on December 10, 2016, 06:24:49 AM

I gave the video a like and a comment.

Thanks Ken.  ;)

Ken.